If your looking to put 2JZ cams into your 1JZ, look at this

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
rakkasan said:
Unfortunately, after playing with the cam gears, the best setting for my car was 0 degrees on both cams.... No gains for a lot of money.

Thats actually quite amazing... most 2jzgte stock cams work good -4 exhaust and +2 intake.

becides, titan 2jzgte cam gears are actually quite cheap, just ask for the used ones :)

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
Just curious if someone could now throw up some comparison graphs for other cams and see what the diff is between stock, 2jz modded, crower, hks, JUN, etc and a lil price comparison. I tried searching for some comparison graphs of jun and hks but couldn't find any.

Thanks!

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Here's a link for the crower's posted up by Zazzn in a group by. There is a graph in the first post.

I really doubt that you are going to find a comparison of all those different cams with the exact car for the dyno run.

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
Well, this post has pretty much already covered the diff between stock and 2jz and crowers, i'm just trying to figure out the diff between those and the big $500+ cams out there and y they're that much more expensive.

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
If i were to upgrade to better cams that can bring out my power curve a lil further. How do i know when i am getting to the limits of my valve train. How can i tell when i'm starting to get valve float and how i determine a safe limit to red line at?

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
Kosh said:
If i were to upgrade to better cams that can bring out my power curve a lil further. How do i know when i am getting to the limits of my valve train. How can i tell when i'm starting to get valve float and how i determine a safe limit to red line at?

when i posted this question about a week ago, i was told that on the stock valvetrain, float would occur at 7K according to the guys that were responding.

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
well thats shitty considering stock red line is 7500....pretty much have to upgrade valve train right away then...but does anyone know any actual physical indication or is it just spring rate and velocity calculations. I could use theory and calculate the theoretical acceleration of the spring, and knowing the distance it moves, get the max limit of how fast it can fully compress and uncompress thus giving me max rpm before float. but thats theoretical and we all know how real world is always different than on paper.(unless ur NASA, but then u just end up turning mars landers into craters...) lol

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I'm pretty sure that it will be in the 8000 range because of the 1jz redline being in the mid 7000's already.

Ric- What do you know? I remember you saying something before about where the 1jz valves float.

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
How do you get rid of the rev limiter and how do you know that you don't have valve float?

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
well, im about to be getting a set to work on from a guy on here, and ill take some before and after pics with a digital mic, just to let you guys see