If your looking to put 2JZ cams into your 1JZ, look at this

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
being that im now gonna be machining the 5th set of 2JZ cams, just wanted to put this out to you guys out there. if you dont wanna go through trying to find a shop to machine them, i can get them done for you for a pretty good price.

$100 to get them machined, and shipped back to you

$130 for the machining, shipping, and a new set of cam seals

thanks for looking guys, and just let me know if your interested

also, forgot to put this, youd have to provide the cams, and ship them down to me

Last edited:

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
hey man sounds good, now i just have to find a set of 2jz cams but wait what kinda gains will i see when dropping in some 2jz cams?

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
theres a dyno graph on the site somewhere, forgot the numbers, but andrew (AF1JZ) might be able to take some vids before and after swapping his out, i did a set for him a month or so ago

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Bigzavs said:
theres a dyno graph on the site somewhere, forgot the numbers, but andrew (AF1JZ) might be able to take some vids before and after swapping his out, i did a set for him a month or so ago

Here's the link to the thread that I started that has some dyno graph's of other members before and after. http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48095

I will be installing mine very soon. I have to get an alternator to get her running first. Then I'll do a before video with stock cams and an after of the 2jz cams installed.

I can personally vouch for Ben (bigzavs) with getting the machining done. It was a VERY quick turn around.

Maybe we can get this stickied since this topic has been brought up a lot recently.

Ben- Feel free to put the link that I posted in your original post.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
86_sports_1jz said:
hey man sounds good, now i just have to find a set of 2jz cams but wait what kinda gains will i see when dropping in some 2jz cams?

I'm sure you can find a set very easily over on SF (the darkside). I bought mine from Ric back in Feb for like $50 shipped.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
alright thanks, but which cams do you guys usually use for this? the 2jzge cams or 2jzgte cams?

Last edited:

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
o... damn thats right for got about that, but lets say we could use them do you think the ge cams would produce more power or the gtes?

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
hmm... for some reason i just thought that since its n/a the cams, they would open longer, so if the ge cams are put on a gte, the cams would opened longer to bring in more air. but i guess i'm wrong?

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
becauseican said:
Thats a good deal, I paid like $150 just to machine my cams locally. Its a good upgrade, I picked up about 20 hp in the top end.

I put in a set, along with HKS cam gears & Stinger ECU, & went from 427whp to 472whp. Granted, I picked up some from the Stinger, but undoubtedly the 2J cams are a good source of power.

Unfortunately, after playing with the cam gears, the best setting for my car was 0 degrees on both cams.... No gains for a lot of money.