IA Supra's

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
Im down for Buffalo Wild Wings. I love wings and beer. My car is still tucked away for the winter. hope to be up soon. single turbo kit taking longer than i thought to put on. Just got to run my oil lines, fab the intercooler piping and few other odds and ends to tie up. Then i gotta tune the bastard. Still lots of work i guess but i got some time.

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
Never had sushi. But I'm willing to try it, I have been to Taki, it is pretty good and filling, I don't remember how much I paid, it was a date so I really didn't care lol.

darrick

Jan 25, 2009
des moines
Reiketsukan;1491068 said:
That's the spirit!! And for anyone concerned, sushi ? raw fish!!!

I can understand the whole budget thing though, but it would cost maybe $15 total for Teppenyaki.

Tell you the truth I don't know what is in sushi but I know it is asian food I went to hu hot and didn't like their style. I'm an american I like steaks ,burgers. I'm down for anywher I could try something new. Just can't be expensive.

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
Sushi isn't too bad, its either you love it or hate it. Hu hot is mongolian food so I can undersatnd why you didn't like it haha, I didn't think it was that great either. Sushi on the othere hand, I haven't had very much of, but from what I have tired its pretty good.

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
darrick;1491237 said:
Tell you the truth I don't know what is in sushi but I know it is asian food I went to hu hot and didn't like their style. I'm an american I like steaks ,burgers. I'm down for anywher I could try something new. Just can't be expensive.

That question mark is supposed to be a (not-equal-to) sign, but apparently, this message board doesn't like it lol. Sushi isn't raw fish. That's Nigiri! I took Japanese at Central for 4 years and even went there for a couple weeks so I know quite a bit about their culture. HuHot is Mongolian and there is a difference! I'm not trying to make a big scene or anything, but I'd really like to show you guys some great food you've never had before if you're interested... If not, I do love me some damn wings!!

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Reiketsukan;1491334 said:
That question mark is suposed to me a (not-equal-to) sign, but apparently, this message borad doesn't like it lol. Sushi isn't raw fish. That's Nigiri! I took Japanese at Central for 4 years and even went there for a couple weeks so I know quite a bit about their culture. HuHot is Mongolian and there is a difference! I'm not trying to make a big scene or anything, but I'd really like to show you guys some great food you'd never had before if you're interested... If not, I do love me some damn wings!!

So you can speak japanese? I'll go anywhere as long as my car is running by then.

darrick

Jan 25, 2009
des moines
Reiketsukan;1491334 said:
That question mark is supposed to be a (not-equal-to) sign, but apparently, this message board doesn't like it lol. Sushi isn't raw fish. That's Nigiri! I took Japanese at Central for 4 years and even went there for a couple weeks so I know quite a bit about their culture. HuHot is Mongolian and there is a difference! I'm not trying to make a big scene or anything, but I'd really like to show you guys some great food you've never had before if you're interested... If not, I do love me some damn wings!!

I might as well try it, you only live once. I can speak some spanish! Hu hot wasnt for me i didnt know any of the spices or anything so mine didnt taste like anything really. The thing i like about asian food is the chop sticks those are different. Im not the greatest at using them. Im down for the asian food, Everyone else agree?

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Alright, so we have a couple places to go, taki and Buffalo wild wings.

John, when would it be possible for you to make it to Des Moines with your car, and would you rather go to b-dubs or taki, I don't care where we go as long as I can get there with there with a running supra.

We need to set a expected date around late april early may, and before july. And another trip to eddyville for midnight madness.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
nick88;1496139 said:
Alright, so we have a couple places to go, taki and Buffalo wild wings.

John, when would it be possible for you to make it to Des Moines with your car, and would you rather go to b-dubs or taki, I don't care where we go as long as I can get there with there with a running supra.

We need to set a expected date around late april early may, and before july. And another trip to eddyville for midnight madness.

once i get my car running correct ill focus on a track time

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
Yea I can make it to des moines.... no...i cant make there in the supra...have to roll the tundra there. My supra is still down for single turbo install. Its taking me a long time to do. Been doing other things rather than be in the garage. Honestly itd take me a full day or two to have it blasting down the street, but ive been focused on other things. i need to dedicate a weekend to getting it done. I also need a new 3in vband clamp.... i brokz minez.