IA Supra's

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
Nice picture chase, where was that? I see you in the calendar too, congrats! I'll be getting one of those for sure.

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
darrick;1482032 said:
Chase, you beat me to the punch on it, nice paint job. Like nick said one of the best running supras in town.

Thanks a ton, man!

*james*;1482039 said:
Nice picture chase, where was that? I see you in the calendar too, congrats! I'll be getting one of those for sure.

That was taken at Stone Park right by Southridge mall. It's so beautiful back there... I don't think many people know about it! We should hold a meet back in there this spring and bbq!

Here's the pic that made it into the calender. It was taken at Waterworks Park.

klxj7.jpg

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
nick88;1481596 said:
I think we have enough 1jz swaps here. lol

James, nice pics and rust :biglaugh:

Fail :icon_bigg

*james*;1481768 said:
How do you expect me to move out of the way... least its not a big-ol-dent right there hahaha.

Double Fail :rofl:

I'm nearing the top of the most money put into a MK III in Iowa lol.

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
Great idea Chase, make it before July whEn I leave to AZ. I was thinking about asking if everyone would want to drive their cars down with me and meet some people out there and have a good time, I don't start school for 2 weeks after I arrive. I bet Nick and Matt would be down, how about everyone else?

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
It would be worth the drive for sure! I feel for ya though man, even though you and Darrick have the only autos, it would be easy on you guys haha! Yes, deffinately need to get that set up, nothing better than a bbq and some sweet ass cars, and maybe some girls!?? ; p

darrick

Jan 25, 2009
des moines
Auto for life! haha. Im down for the bbq. When and where. Arizona maybe next spring break i gotta save for that. i'd like to go this summer. I can round up some girls. espically in the supras :icon_bigg

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I have to watch my pto now at work so I probley wont beable to. The first time it melts will have to get together and grill out!

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
darrick;1482540 said:
Im down for the bbq. When and where?

I say we try Stone Park by Southridge for the BBQ. If not there, then we could always hit-up Waterworks... Plenty of places to grill there!

NewGen;1482755 said:
The first time it melts will have to get together and grill out!

Hmmm... a First-Thaw BBQ, eh? Sounds like a new tradition!

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Reiketsukan;1482794 said:
I say we try Stone Park by Southridge for the BBQ. If not there, then we could always hit-up Waterworks... Plenty of places to grill there!

Hmmm... a First-Thaw BBQ, eh? Sounds like a new tradition!

Let's do it. When the salt is off the streets around April.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
We need to go to the track sometime too!!

The first midnight madness in eddyville is in like march, but test and tune is every friday, I'm gonna get some radials on my sawblades for a sleeper look, not that I have that look anyways. I'm not gonna buy those one james has, I think they have a curse or something, didn't they blow up the kids car that you got them from matt?

If I have enough money I will be getting a twin disk, but if I don't have it by march, a 6 puck will be going on there, definatly sprung though. Turbo is before the clutch on my list, and the harness is next, I've got a lot of cleaning and rewiring to do.

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
nick88;1483259 said:
I think they have a curse or something, didn't they blow up the kids car that you got them from Matt?

Are those the same radials that James put on his car that day he got rod-knock?

Don't mess with curses, man! I wasn't a believer till I bought what I think could have been a cursed Greddy turbo kit. Sounds doofy, I know, but the first owner bought it for his civic and he got t-boned. Never even got to put it on, still new-in-box. The next guy bought it and blam... car was wrecked shortly before he went to put it on, still brand-new. I bought it from him and the week before I put it on... my Del Sol became the 4th car in a 5 car pile-up! No shit! Needless to say, I sold it still new-in-box. I warned the guy that bought it from me on ebay, but he just laughed...

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Those are the one's. Within the hour of putting them on, I think, might of been two hours, but the same day, the 7m said fuck you and your unsprung 6 puck, I think that was a big factor to the rod knock, it just grabed to much when we were launching and couldn't slip it enough.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
nick88;1483456 said:
Those are the one's. Within the hour of putting them on, I think, might of been two hours, but the same day, the 7m said fuck you and your unsprung 6 puck, I think that was a big factor to the rod knock, it just grabed to much when we were launching and couldn't slip it enough.

My clutch never slipped when I had it. Ya suppose 170k miles may of had something to do with it.... :nono: . I used these the whole summer and my engine held together just fine.