IA Supra's

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Ya I thought there could be an age gap lol. Its all good though you'll just have to card some of us for that beer and bbq :sarcasm:

Which bars are you usually at?

BigBad92Turbo

Jun 4, 2010
Iowa
Under the law if I ask and you say your 21 technically I am actually clear, the mis representation is on you at that point... ;-) Coming frm Canada.. the drinking age was 18 where I grew up..

Does your ECU data log?, sounds like it might be worth while to see what the computer is trying to do. I had all sorts of issues with my Tec2 and many of them were simple issues with fuel maps holes.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Opps... seach says what a mines ECU is.. I was thinking standalone... hmm... now i am at a loss...

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Haha fair enough :). I'm in the clear ether way lol.

Ya I should of spent the money on a stand alone. I have a mines ECU but i'm going to run a greddy emanage ultimate on top of it. I'll probably wire it in soon so i'll have something to data log with. All my mines ecu does is raise the rev limit, no fuel cut, no speed cut and tuned for 18psi on the stock twins.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
29258_432739481071_554031071_6143737_3864334_n.jpg

So when we going to have some more of these supra's to have a photo shoot. I seem to be the only one :). I think Leon and I are the only ones that are running at the moment.

---------- Post added June 9th, 2010 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was June 8th, 2010 at 11:57 PM ----------

n500598068_1076574_574.jpg

Alright i'm bored tonight and dont feel well enough to work on my car so I figured I would post pics of my bros car up here. Hes only on celicasupra.com.

Name:Tony Brobston
Car: 1985 Toyota Supra
Engine: 7mgte
Mods: 7mgte swap (CP Pistons, Crower Rods), 57trim turbo upgrade, Cooleze DP, Rabid Chimp Exhaust, Walboro fuel pump, RC 550cc injectors, Aeromotive FPR, SAFC II. Some other stuff thats not important.

We're a huge Toyota family lol. I bought my first Supra off my dad. It was a 1982 Celica Supra Red Panda Edition. Rusty piece of shit my brother later bought from me. He sold the car after a year of owning it and bought the car he has now. I rode in a buddys MK III supra and thats what caught my addiction to boost and MK III's. My dads also very big into buicks. My first car was a 1972 buick GS 455 with some minor bolt-ons. Just decided the domestic world isn't for me and sold it back to my dad.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
ya she scoots pretty good. Its only at 7psi right now and spins them clear through 2nd. Its down again we bought that built engine from someone who apparently didnt know his head from his ass. Needless to say the engine probably has 5000 miles on it and already has a rod knock. Will be pulling it down here soon. If we get a meet together here soon i'll have to drag my brother along with me. hes a pretty good kid.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
NewGen;1577918 said:
ya she scoots pretty good. Its only at 7psi right now and spins them clear through 2nd. Its down again we bought that built engine from someone who apparently didnt know his head from his ass. Needless to say the engine probably has 5000 miles on it and already has a rod knock. Will be pulling it down here soon. If we get a meet together here soon i'll have to drag my brother along with me. hes a pretty good kid.

Its got a pretty good head on that motor too. ;)

I am ready for paint, but I can't afford the paint right now so I am just working and saving my money to get it going again.

BigBad92Turbo

Jun 4, 2010
Iowa
Lol.. is that not the truth... Motivation is why car still has the old auto with no reverse when an r154 is sitting beside the car for two years...

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
lol well I think I can help with motivation. If ether one of you want to work on your car this weekend hit me up. I dont have to many plans yet. Sounds like maybe a trip to the track is in order Sunday. A buddy is letting me race his evo 9 mr for him :D .

88_mk3

Aug 16, 2009
Iowa
anyone have a 7mgte for sale cheap (whole motor) doesnt need to be anything fancy as its going to be completely rebuilt. let me know if you guys have something or know where one is

Lee_MA61

Leon Wilson III
Jan 31, 2007
Norwalk, IA
88_MK3 said:
anyone have a 7mgte for sale cheap (whole motor) doesnt need to be anything fancy as its going to be completely rebuilt. let me know if you guys have something or know where one is

I have a few. call me at (515) 285-2161. Where are you located?

BigBad92Turbo;1576667 said:
Hey Hey

Yes its one in the same. I think i need to buy some beer and host a BBQ and get a few helping hands for this 5 speed swap (not that is that much work, just more fun to have people coach on the sideline line...).

Yeah like you said it's an easy swap. I did it on my 91' only took the better part of an afternoon. I would be glad to help, after all I have to repay you some how since you gave me those targa seals. Since I last talked to you I've done a lot of swaps and opened a small company that specializes in Supra stuff in my free time. Just give me a time when you are free and I'll bring over anything you need.

Later,
Leon