IA Supra's

Lee_MA61

Leon Wilson III
Jan 31, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Your car was a blast to ride in tonight chase! Reminds me why I loved my turbo 7Ms.

For all Iowa members who surf this section. We are planning a meet (short notice I know) for Friday Aug, 27th at the Hardees Car Show located at the corner of Army post road and SW 9th. We plan to meet there at 6:30pm (or earlier it fills up fast). Just come on down it'll be fun no doubt and the night will only get better ;)

That means you too Chris J.!! haha but you have to bring a supra swapped fire truck :D

-Leon

Last edited:

bschwartzenburg

Sep 10, 2010
Marshalltown
Hey All,

Name: Ben/bschwartzenburg
Year of car: 87
Contact info: bj.schwartzenburg@gmail.com
City : Marshalltown
Car: 7mgte
Pic:

Just bought the car on tuesday. Some mods but I definitely have some digging to do to figure out what all has been done to it. Definitely got it for a steal and for being an iowa car its been taken care of very well. Crappy pic but i'll get something better up asap. Can't wait to start wrenchin' on this bad boy.

Attachments

• photo..jpg
    photo..jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 7

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Well you should come down to Des Moines here soon. I'll probably try to throw a meet together with in the next few weeks.

bschwartzenburg;1616402 said:
Hey All,

Name: Ben/bschwartzenburg
Year of car: 87
Contact info: bj.schwartzenburg@gmail.com
City : Marshalltown
Car: 7mgte
Pic:

Just bought the car on tuesday. Some mods but I definitely have some digging to do to figure out what all has been done to it. Definitely got it for a steal and for being an iowa car its been taken care of very well. Crappy pic but i'll get something better up asap. Can't wait to start wrenchin' on this bad boy.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
So when would be a good time to have a get together. You would necessarily have to bring your car. Mine's down for the rest of the year getting ready for paint, and a new fuel system. My suggestion would be maybe Sunday for a little bww? That or will have to wait 2 weeks. I'm going to be in Minnesota next weekend :)

Here's a little entertainment for everyone to watch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0S7qHLaCJU&feature=feedu

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Name: Joe Olthouse
Year of car: 1986.5
Contact info: jolthouse09@gmail.com/ 319-573-5341
City: Cedar Rapids
Car: 7MGE-> 1J swap w/ stock twins = winter project
Pic: Workin on it

Hey guys, new to SM, just started digging my money pit the very beginning of this year, finally got a place to work on the soup over the winter. If y'all get bored during our fantastic Iowa winters you guys are all more than welcome to head up to Crapids and chill with me! Anyone else from this part of the state or are you all over by Des Moines?

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'll definitely be documenting. I doubt a full write up but give you some eye candy over the freeze. I do have a couple of questions.... I've noticed a considerable mounts of 1J swaps, so if any experts wanna share their knowledge please PM me!!!
I'll probably start with some pictures when start buying parts.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Wahoo well I live in Des Moines but maybe i'll have to swing up one weekend. I need to start working on my car again so much work before next season not sure if i'm going to get it all done lol.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I know a 7M blowing a head gasket unheard of :D

The plan is do repaint the engine bay (I may tuck some of the wires haven't really decided yet), Repainting the car, Full fuel system A1000 pump/reg, HKS style Fuel rail, 750cc injectors, Methanol kit, 1 piece drift shaft. A few minor things to get the car more track friendly.

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I can't wait till paint. Hopefully it's not too far off after my swap. I have a little body work to do and I need to figure out what to do about my trim. I think I am going for a full trim delete and fill for a more modern look. What color are you painting yours ?

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Ya I actually got retrospec's trim he makes. It's suppose to be similar to the 89+ trim which is paintable. It doesn't have that distinct line running around the whole car. I'm going back to pearlwhite again. I'm pretty sure i'm going to get a autoshine lip to I haven't decided 100 percent yet.

You should post some pics of your car up.

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm working on getting some pics up, I always use my phone so I'll get around to using the good ol computer soon and getting some up soon. But (unlikely) sooner than that I need to get my 1J on the way, looking at bestofjdm.com I've talked to them through email, and they seem quite compitent, even when I asked about extras like JDM tails and the 1J tach. Any comments/ recommendations/good experiences/bad experiences with this (or any) JDM engine supplier? I do have my heart set on 1J.

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Finally got some eye candy for you guys.

p1647706_1.jpg

p1647706_2.jpg

p1647706_3.jpg

p1647706_4.jpg

This was during the process of putting in new struts. I should pull those back out and get some stiff ass springs in now...
p1647706_5.jpg

Where she is hibernating over the winter, hopefully staying nice and warm.
p1647706_6.jpg

A pic my friend sent me one night when he was out at the garage. I almost shed a tear :'(
p1647706_7.jpg