IA Supra's

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Lee_MA61;1578673 said:
Sounds like a plan to me. I'll bring the buns :)

hey tried to call you tonight and got the answering machine. thought I had the car fixed and ran fine until it got warm then started having issues again. Will be working on it tomorrow night if you dont have any plans.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Getting my windows tinted tomorrow :) Will get pictures after its done. Might be sending my engine harness out to Dr. Tweak. I'm to the point were I would like to know if the wiring harness is correct so I'm turning to an expert.

Lee_MA61

Leon Wilson III
Jan 31, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Lol ok.. sounds like maybe the ecu isn't seeing the temperature the engine is operating at. So it's pushing the mixture off enough to break up. I have your temp sensor plug on my desk.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Lee_MA61;1579393 said:
Lol ok.. sounds like maybe the ecu isn't seeing the temperature the engine is operating at. So it's pushing the mixture off enough to break up. I have your temp sensor plug on my desk.

I didnt think we would find the pig tail so I ended up ordering another its been siting on my tv stand for the lastn2 weeks I just need to wire it in.

I thought the ecu picked up on the 2 prong coolant plug not the single spade. From my understanding the single spade was just for the coolant guage itself. I could be wrong though.

BigBad92Turbo

Jun 4, 2010
Iowa
Question... To swap the tranny, should I pull the engine and tranny or just try to drop the tranny..

I have only ever pulled the entire engine and tranny out as one unit.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
BigBad92Turbo;1579932 said:
Question... To swap the tranny, should I pull the engine and tranny or just try to drop the tranny..

I have only ever pulled the entire engine and tranny out as one unit.

I usually do my together also but I would ask Leon since hes he was the one thats helping you.

BigBad92Turbo

Jun 4, 2010
Iowa
Thats what I thought too. I am not sure how hard those top bolts would be to get to otherwise. I am a little scared to pull the whole engine. I just have this feeling I will do it and then get sucked into fixing everything and then have a 2 year project on my hands again... Oh the nitemares I have... ;-)

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Me and *james* did a clutch in his in like 2 working days out, washed, flywheel resurfaced or I think we put a fidanza in, and back in. Took like 2 hours to get it out, but on the way back in we had some engine lift trouble and it was a bitch trying to get the solid motor mounts lined up.

Lee_MA61

Leon Wilson III
Jan 31, 2007
Norwalk, IA
NewGen;1579890 said:
I didnt think we would find the pig tail so I ended up ordering another its been siting on my tv stand for the lastn2 weeks I just need to wire it in.

I thought the ecu picked up on the 2 prong coolant plug not the single spade. From my understanding the single spade was just for the coolant guage itself. I could be wrong though.

Oh that sucks.. But yeah the 2 pin temp sensor is for the A/C fan turn on doo hick em. If you check the wire color of E9 PIN 44 (THW) Water temp sensor. It should be the same color and T off into two wires. One for the ECU and the other for the Gauge cluster. Figure out that problem and you'll solve the riddle of your break up issue.

As for transmission swap. You can do it either way. I like pulling the engine just so I can clean up a bit. However it is just as challenging as dropping it from below. Your call (I like the later) on what to do.

-Leon

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
nick88;1580121 said:
Me and *james* did a clutch in his in like 2 working days out, washed, flywheel resurfaced or I think we put a fidanza in, and back in. Took like 2 hours to get it out, but on the way back in we had some engine lift trouble and it was a bitch trying to get the solid motor mounts lined up.

That was funny shit how you guys took the trans/clutch off the engine. I died laughing when james told me.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Lee_MA61;1580138 said:
Oh that sucks.. But yeah the 2 pin temp sensor is for the A/C fan turn on doo hick em. If you check the wire color of E9 PIN 44 (THW) Water temp sensor. It should be the same color and T off into two wires. One for the ECU and the other for the Gauge cluster. Figure out that problem and you'll solve the riddle of your break up issue.

As for transmission swap. You can do it either way. I like pulling the engine just so I can clean up a bit. However it is just as challenging as dropping it from below. Your call (I like the later) on what to do.

-Leon

Fair enough i'll give that a roll before I decide to send it off. If you get bored and wanna chill soon hit me up. I cant drive the car for a bit anyways. My flexalites decided to shit out on me saturday on the way to get my windows tinted. I ordered a Misumoto or however you spell it radiator and I haven't decided on the fans yet. Might go with the taurus fans if not i will order another set of flexalites.

Had my windows tinted Saturday after the car overheated. At least 1 good thing that happened that day.
32558_435730956071_554031071_6237644_6753888_n.jpg

Lee_MA61

Leon Wilson III
Jan 31, 2007
Norwalk, IA
BigBad92Turbo;1580507 said:
Where did you go for tinting. I need to have mine redone... I think the prev owner did a backyard job on it... Bubbles all over.

Ziebart tidy car in Clive. One of our friends families own it. They do a really good job at a great price.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

NewGen;1580226 said:
Fair enough i'll give that a roll before I decide to send it off. If you get bored and wanna chill soon hit me up. I cant drive the car for a bit anyways. My flexalites decided to shit out on me saturday on the way to get my windows tinted. I ordered a Misumoto or however you spell it radiator and I haven't decided on the fans yet. Might go with the taurus fans if not i will order another set of flexalites

Word might have sometime tonight just hit me up or I'll give you a call when you are off work.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
BigBad92Turbo;1580507 said:
Where did you go for tinting. I need to have mine redone... I think the prev owner did a backyard job on it... Bubbles all over.

Yup Ziebart does a pretty damn good job. The guy wasn't to pleased with doing mine lol. Apparently the quarter windows were a bitch but I'm sure they would do another. Typically there openings are Saturday mornings. They contract out there work to ice's old tinter. If you need help getting hooked up with an appointment let me know.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Lee_MA61;1580559 said:
Ziebart tidy car in Clive. One of our friends families own it. They do a really good job at a great price.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Word might have sometime tonight just hit me up or I'll give you a call when you are off work.

I'm just going to hit the hay tonight. I've been pretty sick here lately and have had no energy. I go back to see my crones doc tomorrow then my kidney doctor hopefully we can make some progress. My radiator gets here tomorrow so i'll be pretty motivated then :D.

BigBad92Turbo

Jun 4, 2010
Iowa
Thanks for the hook up, when i get around to that I wil. I have a two other interior problems..

1- new steerinng wheel, I want a momo jet
2- My dash cracked about the instrument cluster... no idea what the repair options are..

Then tint.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
BigBad92Turbo;1580770 said:
Thanks for the hook up, when i get around to that I wil. I have a two other interior problems..

1- new steerinng wheel, I want a momo jet
2- My dash cracked about the instrument cluster... no idea what the repair options are..

Then tint.

I'm not sure where to get that steering wheel. You might check ebay.
I would recommend just replacing the dash pad. I replaced mine in probably an hour or so. I went from maroon interior to gray interior. You can probably find one on the board for sale.