IA Supra's

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
SupraStardom;1538331 said:
Yea I can make it to des moines.... no...i cant make there in the supra...have to roll the tundra there. My supra is still down for single turbo install. Its taking me a long time to do. Been doing other things rather than be in the garage. Honestly itd take me a full day or two to have it blasting down the street, but ive been focused on other things. i need to dedicate a weekend to getting it done. I also need a new 3in vband clamp.... i brokz minez.

Lawls I did the same thing with my first Vband clamp :(. I know now how tight not to tighten it too lol.

I'm down for whenever. My cars running and I know Leon will be down. We should have chase's car closer after this next weekend. I would suggest June 5th to ensure everyone will be complete and I can have my car tuned.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Um idk yet will see. Might try another grill out. If not I'm down for some bdubs. I was speaking to one of the people from the scicotic's and were talking about having a Toyota meet in general. I guess they have quite a few members.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
29308_431748871071_554031071_6121047_4286525_n.jpg

Heres alittle more updated pic of my car.

88_mk3

Aug 16, 2009
Iowa
Name: Trevor Keninger
Year of car: 1988
Contact info: 641-373-1701
City : Iowa Falls
Car: 88 Supra Hardtop turbo
Pic: Best Image i can find right now. will be going to body shop in a week or so to get the front all straightened.
p1575099_1.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

You guys still planning on having a little get together this weekend? my supra wont be back together by then but ill be in des moines and ill def. stop by. let me know if you guys are!

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
I am not quite sure, I got graduation to go to at 2 and so does james, so I don't know but hopefully I will see you in the morning when you pick up those parts.

I'm sure if you contact matt (newgen) he will be glad to meet you or show you his place during the day.

I been wanting some b-dubs lately bout 5 or so.

BigBad92Turbo

Jun 4, 2010
Iowa
Crap... Iowa Supra owners.... where the hell have you guys all been... All my buddies all run "American Muscle" and I have had no one to keep me motivated to keep my poor ride on the road...

I use to run a Sp71gtq with a full SoundPerformance tubular kit and a fully build 7m runing a tec2 standalone.... then it caught fire playing with some boys in blue.. (Friends not running from them lol).

Anyways, This is what I have now... Looking to drop the old motor into the new body and start the build up process yet again. Its been sitting in my garage for about 2 years without turning a wheel. I had it out the other day and next on the list is dropping my old R154 into her. Its hard to drive around town with no reverse....

I have my old block in the garage, its built with crower rods and wisco pistons and a bunch of other junk, it got a little smoke damage and some electical parts burnt up in the fire, nothing that a hot tank cant fix in a few minutes... Oh damn you guys, I am getting the supra bug again and my wallet is already running away...

Name: Chris J
Year of car: 92
Contact info:
City : Johnston
Car: 92 Turbo
Pic:
476.JPG

Last edited:

Lee_MA61

Leon Wilson III
Jan 31, 2007
Norwalk, IA
BigBad92Turbo;1576390 said:
Crap... Iowa Supra owners.... where the hell have you guys all been... All my buddies all run "American Muscle" and I have had no one to keep me motivated to keep my poor ride on the road...

Name: Chris J
Year of car: 92
Contact info:
City : Johnston
Car: 92 Turbo

I was wondering if you were still around. This is Leon, we met a few years back in johnston. I used to have that red 91' turbo Supra I was rebuilding. I tried getting in contact with you over the years but I believe your contact info was slightly incorrect.

It's good to see you've found us haha.

Give me a call anytime you want a helping hand. (515)285-2161 I don't get on here much so here is my email to LeonW@iastate.edu

Later,
Leon

BigBad92Turbo

Jun 4, 2010
Iowa
Hey Hey

Yes its one in the same. I think i need to buy some beer and host a BBQ and get a few helping hands for this 5 speed swap (not that is that much work, just more fun to have people coach on the sideline line...).

BigBad92Turbo

Jun 4, 2010
Iowa
lol... hey that sounds like a plan. Whats up with your ride.... and i have forgotten so much... i use to know the ma70 inside and out...oh well

BigBad92Turbo

Jun 4, 2010
Iowa
Wheels are ADR M-Sport 18x9.5 w/ 285/35/18's & 18X8.5 245/35/18's up front. Car is lowered with ST Spings, Koni Shocks and ST Sway bars. There a few other odd upgrades, but is mostly just a greedy exhaust and K&N. I have not started any real performance mods.

Interior is shadow grey, however I bought the car from denver and a week after I got here someone used armoral on the dash and it spit into an X the next day... err/.

Needs some love, but its a solid start. I SO miss my targo but after pushing 600+ horsepower I can attest that I am only ever going to do that again with a hardtop... or a roll cage... .or both.

My plan is to do the upgrades step by step this time. Last time I had my old car off road for 2 years + and just kept dumping money and building everything at once. This time I just dont have that much free money... so project by project it is.

1 - 5sp swap
2 - interior repair
3 - AEM ems
4 - Freshen up the old bock (from the old car) and install the SP71gtq turbo kit, engine swap
5 - fuel system
6 - body kit...bomex side skirts and rear and something suitable for the front.

7 - beg wife for forgiveness when she finds out how much this hobby costs...

here is the only other pic i have.

471.JPG

Last edited:

BigBad92Turbo

Jun 4, 2010
Iowa
Old car was a red 90 targa, with the same rims. other than an aggressive stance, larger than stock exhaust and all the greddy pillar guages it looked unassuming..... until that turbo spooled up... damn i miss that....

I picked it up about 4 years ago.. a few months after the fire. drove it for about 2 weeks, messes up the tranny and parked it. I was so heart broken after all the work on the old car that I lost interest.

Working as a full time fire fighter you get alot of grief when you car catches fire....

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Its never really run right since the swap. It'll miss at idle and at 4k rpm at WOT. I have a feeling its the wiring but i'm hoping not because its going to be a bitch to fix :( . I've tried replacing map sensor, ignitor, cop's, plugs (gaped to .028.), replaced the wiring to the coil packs, injectors, ecu (its a mines ecu now.). I'm about to pull the harness again and shorten it about 8 inches. I extended it to far in the first place.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 21.

BigBad92Turbo

Jun 4, 2010
Iowa
Oh I got about a decade and some on ya... but feel free if you are downtown to say hi at the bars.... DJ Doc Roberts is my other persona when I am working the club scene. I travel in and out of town for it but you'll hear me around town.