I just hit 30psi today!! on my 60-1

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
why is it that people think not hitting fuel cut is cool? if you have your car all setup and tuned cool. but... here you are running 30psi and fuel cut would have saved you at what... 14psi?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Rennat;1107126 said:
why is it that people think not hitting fuel cut is cool? if you have your car all setup and tuned cool. but... here you are running 30psi and fuel cut would have saved you at what... 14psi?

Exactly. Hell, anyone with a good standalone that was properly tuned has boost cut for that exact reason. Most people see it as something to get rid of when it's really there to PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT.

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
hey, not exactly sure if this is fact or not, but the guy that rebuilt my CT26 at MIC Turbo (a reputable turbo shop) said that the 60-1 ct26 is good for 22psi. not sure as far as the hot air part, but also, isn't that what the intercooler is for? i thought the turbo naturally heated up the air after it went into the turbo, i mean the exhaust is right there.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
He did? Well shit, let me put that 60-1 on my 7.4L diesel and run 22psi with it!

The very fact that he told you what 'psi' a turbo is good for, tells me he knows not what he's speaking of. :3d_frown:

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
just because the compressor wheel is good for 22psi doesnt mean your exhaust wheel is...

and if that guy said 22 and you ran 30, you should be happy it all stayed together! hahaha
so you also understand, when you incrase the pressure of things it increases the heat due to the atoms are moving faster in a smaller area and so when you get it that high, like 30psi, your intercooler probably couldnt keep up...

bottom line, dont do it again. i just dont wanna see a thread about how your fresh engine and turob are now fucked...

TuRbOdReAmZ87

Supramania Regular
Feb 2, 2007
Southern mass
www.cardomain.com
BoostLee: actually its "I'll see you in the desert next month, be ready to have your ass handed to you." Vin: yea your gonna need more than that crotch rocket. Tran: I got something for you. :biglaugh: sorry i got carried away.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
My original, stock headgasketed 7M-GTE still lives because of fuel cut. Otherwise I'd have blown it up long ago.

Fuel Cut FTW!

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Doward;1107300 said:
He did? Well shit, let me put that 60-1 on my 7.4L diesel and run 22psi with it!

The very fact that he told you what 'psi' a turbo is good for, tells me he knows not what he's speaking of. :3d_frown:

Everyone in here. Read that. Read it again. Read it a thousand times until it sinks. If you need help, I have some nice spit polished curb stomping boots to help you in assimilating that information. understand it, comprehend it.

Hell, to see what Doward is refering to, a quick check on the Garrett site shows exactly that.

Turbos FLOW (CFM). PSI is a resistance to that flow which is correlated directly to the displacement of the engine. Smaller displacement engines will have a higher intake pressure reading than an engine with a bigger displacement to acheive the SAME power.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80948

That spreadsheet shows the very fact. Comapre the 4 engines with different configs, displacements and VE and see what the needed intake pressure is to achieve a certain power.

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
IJ.;1107012 said:
Hate to burst your bubble but if you hit 30 Psi accurate on pump fuel with stock or near to stock compression ratio it DID knock you just didn't hear it.
don't think you are getting through to him:nono:

you did knock now the question is did you do any damage? Maybe or maybe not, your bearings did not like it, nor did your ring lands. You may be ok or you could have a rod fly out the block at a later date. Only time will tell...get that boost under controll no spikes or creep