Hurricane Ike

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

So what do you guys have planned?

If it comes down to it, I'll probably hightail my ass up to College Station with my gf, or take the uber small backroads and head to Dallas or Austin. I'm starting to pack some emergency stuff just in case.

Knowing Houston (or Texas for that matter), we'll probably get some pressure from the west that'll move the storm east and smack the Texas/Louisiana border once again.

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
EEK! Houston's in the middle of that spread for Saturday. All hell's probably gonna break loose come Wednesday if Ike stays on that same general path. I wonder if Tina's gonna follow up pretty soon. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Poodles;1124923 said:
come to DFW :D

It's tempting. Got family up in Richardson. The trek up to DFW taking the backroads is gonna be uber long though. But we shall see.

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
I remember that garbage. I'm glad I stayed home. Most of the streets were hella empty the following day. Looks like Ike's making a funky turn north as soon as it hits the Texas coast. For the most part though, it looks like we're getting the dirty side of the storm. And when I mean we, I mean you guys on the southwest and possibly west side of town.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I hope my ex roommates house, by some freak occurance of nature, is the single solitary casualty of the storm.

I kinda wish I was there just to experience it, but you guys stay safe and get the hell out ok?

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
Woot! It's coming here... The gas stations and grocery stores are already packed. We filled all our gas tanks up and generator is on stand by. The storm is proving to be bigger than first thought and there are rumors it may HIT as a 4

We will see. PPL say stay and be smart

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
Probably will. News says that the hurricane could be a category 4 by the time it hits the coast, but it'll be a category 3 for sure. I'm heading up to College Station in about an hour to spend the weekend with my gf, so if there's anyone in CS, hit me up.