Hurricane Ike

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
Solo1Supra;1129046 said:
But my question is, why would you stay in the first place?

Tanya;1129009 said:
Hope you guys arwe doing ok. I am quite mortified with the amount of people who stayed :(

Stupid is what stupid does. There was a mandatory evacuation for Galveston and surrounding areas, but stubborn people wanted to stay until it was too late.

One of the local tv stations has pics of the destructions and some stupidity. I'll try to find that link.

Up in College Station, from what I've heard, half the town has power and the other half doesn't. In Houston, some 2 million+ residents are without power. I've been trying to reach my mom and my brother but neither are answering their phones. I hope all's alright. I talked to a few friends that live in the next neighborhood from I do and they said they're without power with a ton of broken trees.

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
i wish the best for you guys, and hope your families are well.
i remember after katrina, there was a ban on buying alcohol for obvious reasons, but my brothers' friend bought and brought us 40 cases of beer from florida when he found out we didn't have any.
with that being said, if there are supplies needed and no way to get them, maybe some of us that live nearby can bring them in.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Bluechulappa;1129600 said:
I'm in Katy, Houston's westside suburb. We were without power since 9:30pm Friday night but we had a generator and our power has come on since saturday night. It's flooding in local areas, galveston was devastated and tons of people are out of power. Gas prices are expected to bounce all across the country!

Some example of idiots on Galveston :evil2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKwMiExUKXg

Checking in here, im alright tree landed in next doors roof, part of that big oak tree missed my supra and my dads car by a hair :aigo: I heard this loud crash during the storm and my car alarm go off i feared the worse, thankfull it was just the vibration. Ill upload some pics in a few.

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
Man, I just got home from College Station and wow. Going down 290, I saw that gas was $3.99/gal for regular. They're not supposed to raise the prices, so the gov't provided us with a number to report said gouges and said gas stations get a hefty fine. Practically no power down 1960 'cept for minor, minor patches here and there. People are lined up around gas stations, and a few fast food restaurants that still have something to offer. There's a lot of sheriffs officers around a good chunk of the gas stations and major highways. Pretty crazy. Most people should have power and running water again by this weekend.

Here are some pics from the local news station.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26643689/displaymode/1107/s/2/framenumber/1/

School/work starts for me on Wednesday. I wonder how that's gonna go.....

gelboy1015

Vroom Vroom!
Jan 1, 2007
Houston, TX
man, i just got power restored today.. without power for 4 days = FTL! The wind blew over my in-ground bball goal.. glad it blew the opposite way from my supra. Overall damage to my house wasnt too bad, but others in my neighborhood got hammered..

coobies5

ttftw
May 7, 2008
Crosby,TX
we lost power friday night when it hit around 7pm and didnt get power back til the 23rd
fence blew down and of course trees down everywhere, no damage done to the house or vehicles though, it was crazy, we left our dog in the backyard when it hit, and once the fence blewdown, we put her in the garage, i had to go out at midnight bout 2 hours before the eye hit and man, i've never seen or felt anything like this hurricane before. it was intense!
hope everyone else made it through ok, luckily for us, we had our generator and plenty of food to hold us over til houston got power, then we hit up some grocery stores and packed up again til power came on and stayed on.