Hp range, need numbers and thoughts about it.

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
ok so i wanna see what this 7m can do. i was thinking 560cc, 57 trim ct, mild head work like bc valve oversize .5 and retainers. now what are the power im looking at with 15psi?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
What mods do you currently have on the car now? What kind of rwhp have you put down with your current mods? At what boost level? Are you just building a dyno queen?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Whatever the 57 will flow @ 15psi....

Fuck these questions are idiotic, as long as you don't have a restrictive exhaust/intake the Turbo becomes the limiting factor in output, other mods will just move the powerband around, higher/lower/fatter.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Adding air?

Timing can only do so much before detonation so again a significant increase in power, not 5>10 rwhp...

There are no "magic" tunes, x turbo @ y pressure ratio will make z power +- a small %.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IJ.;1808754 said:
Adding air?

Timing can only do so much before detonation so again a significant increase in power, not 5>10 rwhp...

There are no "magic" tunes, x turbo @ ypressure ratio will make z power +- a small %.

So buy running more fuel or different fuel he can avoid detonation I.e running e85 alowing more timing correct?

I meant adding air as in leaning out the car. But then again I guess you'll see small amounts of gains.

But adding all this together couldn't it mean the difference between a car making 325whp @15psi and 375whp @15psi?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Fuel isn't a variable we're discussing, if it is "tip the can" (Nitro) and make some serious gains...

My point is at 15psi the Turbo will be the limiting factor as it can only flow xx Lbs of air per min, you mention tuning devices but most of the add on piggy back PoS "fool" the ECU and in turn this messes with the timing maps so it's never going to be optimum for the combination hence why I said the turbo will be the limiting factor.

If you step up to a full standalone expertly tuned there still aren't huge gains to be had just as I mentioned shifting the band around some and making the drivability better/worse depending on what your aim is.

I doubt you'd ever see a 50rwhp gain at 15 psi through tuning alone unless the base tune is doing something really "wrong"

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IJ.;1808761 said:
Fuel isn't a variable we're discussing, if it is "tip the can" (Nitro) and make some serious gains...

My point is at 15psi the Turbo will be the limiting factor as it can only flow xx Lbs of air per min, you mention tuning devices but most of the add on piggy back PoS "fool" the ECU and in turn this messes with the timing maps so it's never going to be optimum for the combination hence why I said the turbo will be the limiting factor.

If you step up to a full standalone expertly tuned there still aren't huge gains to be had just as I mentioned shifting the band around some and making the drivability better/worse depending on what your aim is.

I doubt you'd ever see a 50rwhp gain at 15 psi through tuning alone unless the base tune is doing something really "wrong"

I trust your opinion and stated facts. So to the original poster expect to around 330-350ish with a proper setup

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Turbo Habanero;1808762 said:
I trust your opinion and stated facts. So to the original poster expect to around 330-350ish with a proper setup
Dunno never seen a compressor map for a 57, one "variable" might be not all 57's are created equal ;)

I base most of my opinions on 16+ hours of dyno time tweaking much the same combination of parts, there was never a lot in it just as I said it moved the power around, it got to a point with the 35r that the car was undrivable as soon as it came on boost it exploded into wheelspin... :(

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IJ.;1808764 said:
Dunno never seen a compressor map for a 57, one "variable" might be not all 57's are created equal ;)

I base most of my opinions on 16+ hours of dyno time tweaking much the same combination of parts, there was never a lot in it just as I said it moved the power around, it got to a point with the 35r that the car was undrivable as soon as it came on boost it exploded into wheelspin... :(

Tell me about it I'm having this same issue with my 60-1 tad bit smaller them the 35r but if I'm not on slicks I'm not moving.

35r is in my near feature

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Intake, exhaust, boost controller, intercooler, injectors, fuel pump, afpr, and tune should net you ~360 at the crank, or barely over 300 at the wheels. The proposed headwork is pretty much pointless until much higher power levels.

You'll need something to 'balance' the bigger injectors with - a piggyback, Lexus AFM, or, on the extreme end, a stand alone ECU.