how many are in co

89turboguy

May 26, 2006
Denver, Colorado
Hey guys, first post here in a while so I may have missed the answer to my question somewhere in conversation.

I need to get my block fully prepped and ready for a MHG. I am yet to hear of a reputable and experienced machine shop for the 7M. If someone has found somewhere that has done a great job on theirs, I would love to get their info.

Big HP guys please chime in here. My supras are my toys and I dont plan on holding back so this needs to be done right the first time.

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
Black label performance in Colorado springs.
Not a machine shop but mike knows 7m's (And pretty much any other engine) like the back of his hand.
He's currently building my 2jzna-t

nerfkhat

Aug 24, 2005
centennial, Co
89turboguy;1807228 said:
Hey guys, first post here in a while so I may have missed the answer to my question somewhere in conversation.

I need to get my block fully prepped and ready for a MHG. I am yet to hear of a reputable and experienced machine shop for the 7M. If someone has found somewhere that has done a great job on theirs, I would love to get their info.

Big HP guys please chime in here. My supras are my toys and I dont plan on holding back so this needs to be done right the first time.

Hey i took my motor to this place called Heads by drew out near the airport off airport blvd/6th. He does great wor,k has a lot of race experience also. He got my head dialed in and decked my block for me too. He has done a lot of 7ms so he knows what hes doing.

does anyone know anyone that has an evap smoker, ive been fighting a vacuum/boost leak for the past 3 months and im almost at a breaking point.

EDIT: ok evap smoker is the wrong kind, so avoiding technicalities i need a shop/person with a smoker to find a vacuum/boost leak

Last edited:

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
Ive got a set of TED 268's with springs and retainers for sale (in co springs) Never got to put them in my 7m as I decided to do a 2j swap, but the previous owner told me they brought about a 500 rpm quicker spool on a gt47 on an 800+hp 7m. I'd bet they be awesome on a smaller turbo setup.

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
You can make 500rwhp with stock cams with the right turbo but the 7M head doesn't breathe worth a shit. Compared to the 2JZ, the 7M breathes 20% less cfm on a flow bench test. Thus, go with a set of cams with more lift and duration if you want to unlock more potential. The 7M head will also benefit from a radial port and reaming the valve "tunnel" larger. Also, with higher lift cams, you need stiffer valve springs to avoid float.

Turbo87targa: You going to have your 2J ready in time for this year's Castle Rock meet? Also, I forgot your name.

-Mike

turbo87targa;1826237 said:
Ive got a set of TED 268's with springs and retainers for sale (in co springs) Never got to put them in my 7m as I decided to do a 2j swap, but the previous owner told me they brought about a 500 rpm quicker spool on a gt47 on an 800+hp 7m. I'd bet they be awesome on a smaller turbo setup.

i would love to get those but i just don't have the money at the moment. just trying to do research to find out what i want to do and how im going to do it.

oh and on a side note i realized why my engine isn't running right after a compression test. cyl 1- 55psi, cyl 2- 135psi, cyl 3-150psi, cyl 4- 130psi, cyl 5- 140psi, cyl 6- 135psi all took at least 6-8 cycles to max out. and i was expecting them all to be around 150 to 160 because of how many times the head and block have been decked.... which is also why im just building a new engine lol.

ohhhh also what stand alone ems have you used and which ones do you recommend....preferably ones that i can still get lol.

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
kneedragger85;1826241 said:
Turbo87targa: You going to have your 2J ready in time for this year's Castle Rock meet? Also, I forgot your name.

-Mike
Names' Dom.
I'm thinking it'll be ready a week or 2 before but sadly that means I'll still be breaking the motor in :(
If I can get some extra money from selling some things (cams, 7m, 39" tires, csb 350, and k5 blazer shell) I'll be able to finish sooner, but the goal of my build has been to be done in time for the Castle Rock meet.

Also anyone looking for a shop to do ANY work on their car call BLACK LABEL PERFORMANCE in the springs. Mike knows supra's (pretty much any vehicle, but especially toyotas) like the back of his hand. Only shop I trust my keys to.

Last edited:

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
Oh! I forgot to ask mike(kneedragger), will you still be on the stock twins this year or will you have that sp63 on? If all works out I'd like to see how our cars do against each other....maybe get video of our 2jz mk3's....that'd be a forum fav for sure!

89turboguy

May 26, 2006
Denver, Colorado
Does anyone know of any built long blocks for sale locally here in CO? Pretty much only have to be metal head gasket, ARP's, and forged pistons. Let me know if there is one around and how much.

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
turbo87targa;1827678 said:
Oh! I forgot to ask mike(kneedragger), will you still be on the stock twins this year or will you have that sp63 on? If all works out I'd like to see how our cars do against each other....maybe get video of our 2jz mk3's....that'd be a forum fav for sure!
I'll still be on the twins. I got a great deal on a set of Tein RA coilovers with an EDFC and also was the last guy for Sethron71's big brake kit. My budget for going single wasn't as high as I wanted so I upgraded important areas.

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
89turboguy;1831457 said:
Does anyone know of any built long blocks for sale locally here in CO? Pretty much only have to be metal head gasket, ARP's, and forged pistons. Let me know if there is one around and how much.

No forged pistons but my 7m will be for sale within about a month (minus sensors and harness) and it has arp studs clevite bearings and a metal head gasket.

Right on mike, big brakes are important, I should get mine upgraded before this motor goes in....but I want the power ASAP lol

87turbosupra

"The 87' Burgundy"
Apr 11, 2005
Colo Spgs, CO
Any of you guys in CO have a spare CPS I could borrow for a day to compare to mine. The car started running like shit out of nowhere one day.
The only old/ used part on the car is an old cps I bought off the forum and I think it took a shit. I finally got a stiffer wastegate spring and this is
my only hold up to get the car back to the dyno and see what it will do on 25+ psi. I'll give a deposit even, i just want to compare to a known
good sensor, if it fixes it I'll buy a new one. Just sucks that they are like $500+ new. When/where is this Toyota meet?

nerfkhat

Aug 24, 2005
centennial, Co
turbo87targa;1827624 said:
Names' Dom.
I'm thinking it'll be ready a week or 2 before but sadly that means I'll still be breaking the motor in :(
If I can get some extra money from selling some things (cams, 7m, 39" tires, csb 350, and k5 blazer shell) I'll be able to finish sooner, but the goal of my build has been to be done in time for the Castle Rock meet.

Also anyone looking for a shop to do ANY work on their car call BLACK LABEL PERFORMANCE in the springs. Mike knows supra's (pretty much any vehicle, but especially toyotas) like the back of his hand. Only shop I trust my keys to.

Would he be able to tune safcII and avcr? Just got mine running again and need a fuel tune for it to run smooth but im in centennial area.

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
nerfkhat;1836954 said:
Would he be able to tune safcII and avcr? Just got mine running again and need a fuel tune for it to run smooth but im in centennial area.
You would have to contact Servion Tuning but I doubt they tune limited capability piggybacks with no timing control.