how many are in co

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
Hacki_sack_kid;1627554 said:
just thought i would let people know that the meet on 225 and dtc bvld has been moved or something, to where i have no clue, just thought i would try to save some people gas money
It moved to somewhere around Parker which is too far for me. You can read about it on coloradoracing.net

supralee;1630917 said:
Does anyone know of any good, trustworthy shops in Colorado? Need to get a metal head gasket installed. Thanks
I'm assuming you mean the whole shebang with decking the block & head etc.? I honestly don't trust a single shop in this state and have my primary built engine in pieces (currently have stock bottom end spare engine in car) as I decide whether or not to spend the couple hundred on machining and bearings or just sell it and go 1J/2J. I would seriously consider shipping the engine to a resputable "7M knowledgable" shop out of state. Hell, I know of two shops in Denver that have destroyed a 2JZ.

supralee

MkII Struck
Mar 17, 2010
Colorado
Just looking for a machine shop who can get the surface finished needed for a MHG. 2j route is getting more tempting..

sthmstr

May 29, 2008
Colorado
supralee;1631326 said:
Just looking for a machine shop who can get the surface finished needed for a MHG. 2j route is getting more tempting..

Look for Gunn automotive in Denver for the machine work. He does Race Yamaha motors personally and has done my work. AMS up north kinda sucks.

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
dragracer;1688757 said:
Might be moving out there since I had a job offer Im thinking about.
If so, there will be a good engine builder in Co. :icon_bigg
I will have to warn you, that if you ever visit Colorado, you will want to stay permanently.

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
I have been coming out there every year since 1989. And I used to live there for a couole of years. Surprised It took this long to think of getting back there.
Love the mountains.

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
Quick question.

What will I need to pass inspectios out there?
The main cat but what about the one in dp?

Any other no-no's I should be aware about?

Im probably gonna register it at my Mothers place in teller county. No inspections there. But might since out of state initially.

Im not gonna worry right now, need to make sure jobs gonna work. Plus I still have my house here, which I wont get rid of for a year or so.

Rich

sthmstr

May 29, 2008
Colorado
If you don't lie in a metro area thn you shouldn't hae to do anything other than just register. Safety inspection with a trooper won't likely care about 1 cat vs 2.

dragracer;1688827 said:
Quick question.

What will I need to pass inspectios out there?
The main cat but what about the one in dp?

Any other no-no's I should be aware about?

Im probably gonna register it at my Mothers place in teller county. No inspections there. But might since out of state initially.

Im not gonna worry right now, need to make sure jobs gonna work. Plus I still have my house here, which I wont get rid of for a year or so.

Rich

speeed_dmonx

Jun 6, 2010
Colorado
RE: In Colorado....I live in Fort Collins...I have 2 supra's....1for parts for my first one...hy35 going on.....11 psi start.....then head swap with studs and stage 2 cams and metal composite hg....etc....

turbo4toy

Apr 2, 2005
Los Angeles
Anyone looking for some engine parts off a 7m, 550's, lex AFM, 5spd ECU, T4 turbo, exhaust manifold w/ wastegate, down pipe, burgundy interior. Pretty much anything you can shake a stick it. Even some Cressida fenders, wheels, misc. interior parts. Or if you are looking for a 7mgte paper weight. PM me if interested.

sthmstr

May 29, 2008
Colorado
Ok I'm giing up on the wiring of this 1j project. Is anyone here willing to correct current harness, and or conert a new harness? Will be paid to do so by owner of car. Please! Need help to get this car gone!

turbo4toy

Apr 2, 2005
Los Angeles
Anyone have an extra r154 laying around? I could really use one. I have parts to trade if interested or just good old cash money.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

sthmstr;1698668 said:
Ok I'm giing up on the wiring of this 1j project. Is anyone here willing to correct current harness, and or conert a new harness? Will be paid to do so by owner of car. Please! Need help to get this car gone!

What's up with your 1j wiring? It might be worth it to contact Dr. Tweak of tweaked performance here on the forum.

sthmstr

May 29, 2008
Colorado
It was ghetto rigged fromt he beginning and I'm trying to make it right. Dr tweak wants a crazy amount of money for any job. Guy I'm building it for is looking to spend around 400.00.

turbo4toy

Apr 2, 2005
Los Angeles
I'm looking for a gray dash in good condition and possibly the carpet if you got them. I'm willing to trade parts if you need anything.

I'm getting rid of my blue interior if anyone is interested. Front seat are cloth and in great condition. And I still have a 7MGTE head and block dirt cheap if there are any takers.

Check my FS thread too for a lot of stock and performance parts. I need the room back in my garage so I'm willing to make some deals.

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
Hacki_sack_kid;1707633 said:
does anyone have a differential for sale? i got a 90 turbo with tems that needs a new one, and what differentials would you recommend?
If you want your speedo to be somewhat accurate then you'll need a 3.73 (assuming your car came turbo from the factory and same tranny)

kneedragger85;1707787 said:
If you want your speedo to be somewhat accurate then you'll need a 3.73 (assuming your car came turbo from the factory and same tranny)

yes, it was turbo from the factory and has the stock tranny, i was talking about aftermarket manufactures, im just trying to find prices so i can figure out what i can afford.