how many are in co

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
Hacki_sack_kid;1707914 said:
yes, it was turbo from the factory and has the stock tranny, i was talking about aftermarket manufactures, im just trying to find prices so i can figure out what i can afford.
Just about everything quality aftermarket is over $1k new. I would pick up a used one or worst case scenario (moneywise) rebuild your current one.

thanks for all the help and suggestions, ill see what happens after i fix my bhg, i got more dirt on REV motors btw, when he resurfaced my block he removed the timing belt plate on the front of the block so ive been goin through head gaskets without realizing the problem.

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
Hacki_sack_kid;1709922 said:
right now my plans to fix it are pull the engine, get the block decked, throw it back together, get a replacement diff, and worry about mods after im out of school.
If you need a block, i've got a stock bore and stock height timing cover taking up space in my storage unit. :naughty:

86.5MKIII

Apr 27, 2011
Denver, Colorado, United States
Well damn i know i am late on this post but im from the Brighton/Thornton/Westminster area i say three because i work in brighton & thornton and currently live in westy but lived in the brighton commerce city outskirts all my life until just recently... but anyhoo i just picked me up an 86.5 n/a 5spd with of course a BHG...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
^^ I'm in west too. I'd be happy to offer any advise or quick help on the bhg. I've done 4 on 7ms. I don't have a bunch of free time, but I want as many mk3s on the road being enjoyed so ill help where I can. :)

Hacki_sack_kid;1709922 said:
right now my plans to fix it are pull the engine, get the block decked, throw it back together, get a replacement diff, and worry about mods after im out of school.

Sounds like a good plan. A stock, good running supra turbo is still a blast!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Hacki_sack_kid;1727186 said:
anyone with maftpro experience wanna help a noob try to figure out what the hell he is doing?

No, but send me a PM with some details about what you're having trouble with anyway.

Right now I'm trying to balance school and tuning but all I need to do is start logging runs and making adjustments.

As of right now idle is finicky, top end is decent mid range is lean tip in is lean and low range is rich. To be on the safe side I am running a tank of fuel system cleaner in case the injectors are being cruel and unusual for some reason

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Any local N/A owner want a free set of 6 NGK BCPR5EGP? Gotta come get 'em from me though. S/W Denver, Hamden & Wads area. Send me a PM.

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
Hacki_sack_kid;1780367 said:
any good shops for boost leak testing/ic pipe work? fighting a boost leak and i havn't been able to find it yet so im considering professional help, and recommendations around the denver area?
It's not that hard to make your own boost leak tester with PVC pipe and some air fittings. If not, Speed Image is in Lakewood near 6th and Union.

i actually did that already, and i couldn't find it, i found part of the leak which was a vacuum line that was a little loose but tightening it didn't fix the problem, that and i didn't feel like going over 14 psi while leak testing.... but now that i think about it im wondering if the system saw the full 14.

do i really have to plug off the hose from the throttle body to the pcv system, i read that somewhere but don't understand it as during normal operation it would get pressurized either way.

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
The line/tube from the throttle body is a controlled leak under boost through a small oriface connecting to the inside of the intake manifold. When I was single'd, I put check valves on both sides of the line and plumbed the intake manifold instead and capped off the throttle body fitting.