How I spent my insurance check.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
So as many of you know my jetta met a firey death on christmas eve. Getting a check for $4607, and this is how I spent it. No thats not a tense disagreement, I spent the money before I got it lol.

$4500
1995 Chevy K1500 Cheyenne
305 TBI
5 Speed
86K mi
Brand new BFG All Terrain T/A
Mint 2006 7.5' Fisher Minute mount 2 with fishstick.

Truck is in really good shape. Bought it from original owner who seems to have taken really good care of it.

It needs a new clutch, and ebrake repair. Bad combo, If I leave it on anything but a level surface it rolls regardless of what gear its in lol.

Heres the seller photos, my buddies girl has my camera at the moment.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for checking it out!

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
lewis15498;1486585 said:
LOL I was tempted to dump mine into the supra, but thought it would be a better live choice to buy something that would deliver a return on my investment.

NICE TRUCK!
looks like a good solid plow truck, once the clutch and e-brake are fixed you should be able to make your money back this winter if the snow keeps comin like this.

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
kotu100;1486602 said:
NICE TRUCK!
looks like a good solid plow truck, once the clutch and e-brake are fixed you should be able to make your money back this winter if the snow keeps comin like this.

Exactly, plus this thing should actually be capable of pulling my landscape trailer unlike the toyotas. I wanted to pick up another mower in the spring, and knew the toyota wouldnt enjoy the extra weight.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Nice Truck!

Be glad that it is low mileage though. I used to manage a group of 10 drivers/trucks. Like clockwork, the 95's all needed a rear end somewhere between 160-180K miles. So, you'll get a good bit of use out of it before that.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
its going to be a great truck my cousin has a 94 auto 4x4 it has 238xxx og still ruing strong and before that my uncle used it for farming its whole like my cousin has had it for 60xxx miles and barely changed the oil once haha...at least youll have a truck to pull your supra around...haha just playn.. i wish i had a truck though.. : (

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
GrimJack;1487175 said:
Really. Make sure you check the camera's memory with some decent un-delete utilities when you get it back!!! :naughty:

lol She was just downloading all my pics from our NYC new years trip because I was too lazy to put them on facebook for her.

Regarding the truck. I decided to drive it for a day, the clutch is pretty much fried, I can push the truck on level ground with it in gear. Yesterday I went to move it, I turn the key and all I hear is a loud click. All connections appear to be good and the battery still has 12-13v. I tried hitting the starter with a hammer and rocking the truck, but still all I get is the loud metalic click. I think I need a starter but am open to any suggestions.

Also discovered that the brakelines are really hacked and I will probably have to redo everything in the near future.