How do you like your AUTOMATIC supra?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Yes behaviour is 100% adjustable with the PCS so you can have a nice soft daily driver then when you floor it it'll chirp every shift (I actually have a shift cut programmed to drop some power on shifts so it don't chirp/spin)

I used an MV 1.5 shift kitted valve body and while it worked well it was HARSH on every single shift, not nice to drive in traffic.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
Good info, I'll have to shop around for prices... a bit of searching says that a 1.0 shift kit from MV Automatics was ~$385, but I doubt that is overseas shipping and was in 2003 anyways.

I'll give him a call tomorrow and ask some q's, he doesn't have a website it appears.

As always, thanks and good info Ian :D

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
I'm doing really well with my auto, so much that I'll be looking at increasing the stall and adding a Suprastick. Everyone that has those seem to love how they feel. I wish I could afford those PCS systems, but I can't chew down over 2-grand for everything you need for 'em.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Drake69;1501365 said:
I'm doing really well with my auto, so much that I'll be looking at increasing the stall and adding a Suprastick. Everyone that has those seem to love how they feel. I wish I could afford those PCS systems, but I can't chew down over 2-grand for everything you need for 'em.

How do you come up with 2K?

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
I thought it was $750 for the basic PCS, another $150 for the universal harness, $500 for the paddle shifter w/o display, and whatever the cost is for the computer connection. Then you'd still need a laptop for programming it outside, etc...

How much was yours roughly, and what did you use for the paddles?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I don't use paddles (Supra NOT a canoe ;) )

Already have a bunch of laptops, was under 1K from memory.

While a SSv4 functions think of it as a MegaSquirt and the PCS as a MoTeC the difference is that great (I've ran both on the same car days apart)

The PCS also has a LOT of AUX in/outs you can use to control things in the car, ie: Noisy fuel pumps annoy you PWM them from the PCS so they're quiet off boost, ditto on e-fans you now have a fully adjustable fan controller that can run them based on any parameters you want.

Data logging is also stock in it.

It's a pretty cool bit of gear.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Ummmm I put the shifter in "D" :D

Beauty of a programmable trans controller is YOU decide how it shifts then it's set and forget and will do the exact same thing each and every time, 100% consistant.

Yep base unit and harness!

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Who needs paddle shifters when you can use the cruise control switches and not add any clutter to the steering column area. :) Thats how i have the SSv4 set up.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I think he has a Skyline and an Integra Type R from the late 90's. I like my auto. As already stated, a proper planetary gearset will waste a manaul trans every time at the track.