Highest HP 1JZ?

jza71

HELL
Apr 5, 2005
MN, USA
www.geocities.com
I know I'm pushing 35psi on a stock 2.5L motor without the assist of NO2 and only making 701rwh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9FC4_7twJo

701rwhp35psizm0.jpg

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
SUPER OLD BUMP!! of this old thread!!!!! No one else has ever documented anything higher than 700hp?? I for one will try my best to go higher than 800HP this year.. I have the supporting mods.. A good tuner (larry from SP) E-85..

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
yeah, I was gonna say that there a quite a few reports from around the world (U.S. included) of 800rwhp+ at this point.. sooner or later, the 1J will get the respect it deserves as far as all out power.

I've always found it interesting (though logical) that because the 2J makes power easier with less, that most opt for that route instead of stretching the 1J like Skyline owners stretch the RB26. In theory, it's capable of the same if not more..

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
NecroCyde;1815732 said:
Sometime in the future, drooool, 1JZ, stock bottom end, built head and awesome cams, badass turbo, V160 and Twin Disc clutch into a lightened MK3. Lets see what crazy shit that can do! I can dream can't I?
Why dream when you can make reality? Time to start saving those pennies...

Albert;1815733 said:
I'll be up there there as well only thing that would hold me back is my tiny turbo.
But tiny turbos can be efficient, fast turbos sir. Why put an oversized turbo on an engine if you get your ass handed to you while you wait for it to spool up? ;)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
te72;1815764 said:

But tiny turbos can be efficient, fast turbos sir. Why put an oversized turbo on an engine if you get your ass handed to you while you wait for it to spool up? ;)

Anti-lag and E85 helps. ;)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Dylan JZ;1815649 said:
yeah, I was gonna say that there a quite a few reports from around the world (U.S. included) of 800rwhp+ at this point.. sooner or later, the 1J will get the respect it deserves as far as all out power.

I've always found it interesting (though logical) that because the 2J makes power easier with less, that most opt for that route instead of stretching the 1J like Skyline owners stretch the RB26. In theory, it's capable of the same if not more..
Actually, the 1J has a much larger hill to climb than you would think. The challenge isn't the engine itself, it's the production numbers. The 2J came stock in a LOT of vehicles, and was in production for a LONG period of time, in cars sold all over the world. There's a lot more of them out there to play with. The 1J was only available in RHD countries, over a very short period.

Anyone developing an aftermarket piece for an engine has (well, should, anyway) to consider the market. Why put thousands of dollars into research and development into a part for the 1J? The same dollars into a 2J part will net you literally 100x the profit. If you can design it to work for both, fine, but even then it's not worthwhile putting much effort into that.

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
NecroCyde;1815732 said:
Sometime in the future, drooool, 1JZ, stock bottom end, built head and awesome cams, badass turbo, V160 and Twin Disc clutch into a lightened MK3. Lets see what crazy shit that can do! I can dream can't I?

MMMhhhhhh...... That's my Set-up lol.. except I am full weight.. I am not destroying my MKIII to be lighter...

te72;1815764 said:

I made it reality lol

I spool pretty fast...

IBoughtASupra;1815783 said:
Anti-lag and E85 helps. ;)

YES sir... E-85 def helps a ton...

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
Well the plan with my car is to hit 1000hp or close on a stock short block.. TRUE 1JZ.. not your 1.5JZ... I have every supporting mod to make it possible... Just waiting on better weather...

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
IBoughtASupra;1815812 said:
I laugh at people who vote out the 1JZ. Make it happen Jostar!

Thanks for the confidence my friend.. After Texas I will get a few things done that are gonna make it possible & safety in mind...