HELP - Where does this plug go?

With age, I seem to be forgetting things and I can't remember where I unplugged this from (not even sure if it was actually plugged to something)
The plug is grey and is located on the part of the harness that goes to the starter and Auto trans on the driver's side. The wire is short in length and can't reach further than the area where the EGR used to be (removed). The female connector is a 2 pin. The car is an 89+ Turbo from Canada (no cali O2)
Thanks.
Edmund
p832192_1.jpg

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Looks like the factory alarm horn. Other side is on the firewall before the master cylinder; trace the wire from the horn and you will find it.

IwantMKIII said:
zoom out some, its hard to place in my head personally. ill look at mine if you can get some more pics
MS07s: I'll take a look at the alarm horn idea... I have seen the other end on the firewall, it had me stumped on my first rebuild, but I don't remember this one.
IwantMKIII: What you see in the pic is the tube from the trans dipstick and the plugs (4) that go to the trans and such just by the starter. You can see the lower intake at the top/left of the picture. The wire to the left encased in red wrapped around the dip stick tube is the ground to the intake. You are looking down towards the ground.

I checked out the wire colors and they are brown (BR) and Black-Yellow (B-Y). The only thing with that match and in the right location is the EGR gas temp for the California model. I checked out my book (TSM) as the on-line is too hard to follow and it shows a plug to a resister labeled "that" right near the ECU / HAC connection. Can someone with a California model confirm this? The plug is grey.
Thanks.

nosechunks said:
just plug in everything you see and if you cant find something to plug into it and every things hooked up don't worry about it.
LOL... thanks for the excellent advice....:biglaugh:
I can't seem to find anything missing a connector as I don't have a Cali car with the EGR gas temp sensor and now my Canadian EGR is removed... Time to move on and install the upper intake (which will make any work in this area a PITA)
Any last inputs or advice?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
That plug isn't connected to anything on mine, either. I noticed the same thing on my first rebuild, we eventually decided that it was either the EGR temp for the California emissions, as they don't make special wiring harnesses just for that, or the alarm horn, which didn't come on my car. I haven't seen a stock alarm in any Canadian Supras, actually.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
I also have that connector unplugged, and my car seems to be driving fine for a while now.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Yep its Cali EGR Gas Temp plug. This is also on my 89T. My car is from Cali. Originally, ( now in Minnesota). My last 89t from Wi. didnt have it. The first time i saw it it aslo threw me for a curve ball, i was like WTF. now i know. I'm not the only one out there