Hate Crime? Yes or No

Hate Crime Yes or No

• YES (Race related)

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • NO (Kids just fighting)

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • The demise of America. Our future leaders gone wild.

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
I disagree with the term 'hate crime'. I think that, whatever your motivations, a crime should always carry the same cost. People will hate each other for a multitude of different reasons.
If a white guy punches a black guy simply because he doesn't like black people, should the punishment be any different than when a white guy punches another white guy because he looked at him funny?

It wouldn't surprise me if the black kid decked the white kid solely because he was white, and it could just as easily be for a dozen other reasons, but I don't think the reason should affect his punishment.

WTF was the bus driver doing?

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
And thats the reason we have schoolshootings now these days. Im in high school, and its very nerve wrecking when you go on lockdown because a student brings a gun to school to get back at somebody.

Its pathetic.:3d_frown:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
"Hate crime" just perpetuates racism, sexism, and other "isms"

How is the crime ANY different if it's "racially motivated?"

rameans23

Supra/Focus Owner
Aug 25, 2008
Indianapolis
www.inlandr.com
its sad to say that this is the way school is today. the high school i went to had about 25-30 on duty officers roaming the halls at all times and there were still fights after every period.

the kid looked like he was just minding his own business and for no reason the other kid starts unloading on him. i seen it at school where black kids or hispanic kids, think that a person of different ethnicity should be intimidated, i personally had to show a couple of hispanc guys one day that wasnt the case with me and i never had the problem again. it was close to the same situation as the video just in a hallway at school. two people thought they would try and sneak up on me and jump me goin to class, my best friend was walkin with me. by the end i had one up on the locker around the throat and one was on the floor gasping for air. one of the officers seen it all and thought it was rather funny that it turned out the way it did.

most of my friends were of other nationalities and races just because of the school i went to, so i dont want it to seem like im being racist or anything

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
Fuzz420;1408375 said:
If it were racially motivated, im sure the two or three other white kids would have gotten beat up too.

Appears to be a standard school age ass whoopin to me. Nothing more to see here

LOL agreed....

But more of the cool tuff guy beats up the wimpy loser...

he get no props for that....:biglaugh:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
flight doc89;1408357 said:
I disagree with the term 'hate crime'.

As do I, as I posted sometime ago:

Supracentral;426473 said:
Oh, and by the way...

"Hate Crime" legislation is BULLSHIT and every single hate crime bill should be removed from the books. And here's why.

You are prosecuting the thought, and not the crime. Murder already carries the harshest penalty.

Example, I kill OneJoeZee because he's black, I get life in prision for that. But if I kill OneJoeZee because I want to steal his car, it's murder, but somehow it's not as bad? My taking of Joe's life is somehow moderated by my reason for taking it?

Maybe I should get out a little earlier because of that?

You are prosecuting the thought that led to the crime, not the crime itself.

It's bullshit folks, it's using law to make a political/social statement. It's crap.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
There's definately a double standard when it comes to what racism is or isn't.
Black kids beat up white kids..........kids being kids.
White kids beat up black kids..........racism.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I've seen allegations in the inverse as well Jay. Nowhere near as common, but it does happen.

Regardless, you should be free to think whatever you want to think. This includes disliking someone for the color of their skin. Yes, I just said that. I mean it. (Personally I think you're an idiot if you do so, but hey...)

It's your actions that are within the perview of law.

Anything beyond that is inherently dangerous.

DBN

FML
Jan 22, 2009
Fairfield, Ca
The dumbass is just trying to show off in front of his friends and he picked the guy who would least likely try to fight back. I seen it all the time in high school.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Distinguishing one possible motive and punishing more or less harshly for it is wrong. A Crime is an action, the punishment for it should be the same for all. Taking race, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ect into account removes the "blindness" of justice, making it injustice.

DBN

FML
Jan 22, 2009
Fairfield, Ca
ms07s;1408536 said:
Distinguishing one possible motive and punishing more or less harshly for it is wrong. A Crime is an action, the punishment for it should be the same for all. Taking race, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ect into account removes the "blindness" of justice, making it injustice.

+1

Who

Supramania Contributor
I see two kids fighting in a school bus. Fighting to show their friends who is the toughest and coolest. It just happens that one kid is black and white and right away its racially motivated. Sad part is that the adult on the bus has no authority to act or stop the fight.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I see two ignorant MF's beating on someone who probably can't defend himself. I think both attackers should be charged with aggrevated assualt, spend some time in juvenile detention, and sent to alternative school to never return to public school. Hell, send them to some kind of boot camp for kids while they're at it.

I feel sorry for the victim. Even if he were to fight back he'd prolly get mobbed by everyone around him. This is the making of another school mass shooting.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
It was "tough guy" proving himself against geek. That's the nature of most "tough guys". I see no color in this proving. As said previously, there were more white students on the bus prior to him. He waited on the "geek" that was easy prey. The second "tough guy" must not have been so tough. He waited to see that the geek would not fight back before doing his deed.

I want to see a fight between the two tough guys. Probably would never happen. There might be some competition, so somebody would avoid the situation.