Hate Crime? Yes or No

Hate Crime Yes or No

• YES (Race related)

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • NO (Kids just fighting)

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • The demise of America. Our future leaders gone wild.

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

87toysupratt

Sep 26, 2008
van Isl
I think Hate crime sentencing is a good idea myself. IMO if you do harm to someone thats from another minority with no reason, thats a hate crime, now if they steal you car or provoke you someway its not. Essentially ANY beating where the other party did nothing to provoke the attack or is outnumbered the agressor/s should get a major charge against them. However from that video theres no evidence of a hate crime, its just a punk beating up a defensless kid. Probably what makes kids plan school shootings.

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
Damn he got fucked up (sorry I had to say it)... The first kid probably did it to be an asshole but obviously he said something to make the other kid jump up and beat his ass again

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
87toysupratt;1408786 said:
I think Hate crime sentencing is a good idea myself. IMO if you do harm to someone thats from another minority with no reason, thats a hate crime, now if they steal you car or provoke you someway its not.

Can you explain the logic behind this? If I murder you because your skin is a certain color, I should be punished. But if I kill you for some other reason, your life is worth less and I should get less punishment?

Essentially ANY beating where the other party did nothing to provoke the attack or is outnumbered the agressor/s should get a major charge against them.

That's felony aggravated assault. How does your support of "thought police" laws change that?

However from that video theres no evidence of a hate crime, its just a punk beating up a defensless kid. Probably what makes kids plan school shootings.

So "beating a defenseless kid because your a barbaric animal" in your mind is better than "beating a defenseless kid because you don't like his skin color"?

Justin727

T-virus infected
it's hard to say. I've seen some quiet black kids that could've been in the same situation and not get beat on by their fellow "brother".

Could've said hey this kid is the "white" geek and wont fight back so let me make an example of him and try to blow my head up...

Just one of those wrong place wrong time beatings.

I've been involved in a racially motivated fight. As I was walking into formation at a military school I was in years ago a fellow black student punched me in the back of the neck. I started LOL and laid him out when I turned around.

His buddies claimed he did it because I was a white superior and so did he. He didn't like being told what to do by a white guy..

87toysupratt

Sep 26, 2008
van Isl
Supracentral;1408797 said:
Can you explain the logic behind this? If I murder you because your skin is a certain color, I should be punished. But if I kill you for some other reason, your life is worth less and I should get less punishment?"?
If you're murdering someone and its provoked because of race/minority and they didnt "trigger" the attack then yeah you should get a major charge against you. Racism and hate against minorities needs to go away and this law helps that. If the murder is provoked then yes it should be a smaller sentence because it wouldnt have happened other wise. Personally on the subject of murder I think the sentence should be chosen by the victums family, or if you kill someone....you die too, accidental or not.

Supracentral;1408797 said:
So "beating a defenseless kid because your a barbaric animal" in your mind is better than "beating a defenseless kid because you don't like his skin color"?
I understand your point but its the law of course there holes in every situation. Of course this kid should get the same charge hate crime or not but it should be on the same level of what a hate crime calls for.

The reason Im for the hate crime charges is b/c people of different races shouldn't be a victum just b/c of their race and shouldnt have to deal with people harassing them. They may be able to possibly remind the agressor that it is a hate crime can maybe make them think twice b4 they attack or kill them.

Ultimatly society really needs people to have a license to have kids. This is just the result of shit parenting.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Buy doing that you are removing equality from the justice system. Unequal punishment dependant on race is, in fact, racist.

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
who fights on a bus. hahaha. fucking lame. That's prob why he got punched at again after he said just that after getting beat on. I bet that kid would have fucked him up with some space to move. But i would guarantee that it wouldn't have been a 1on1 situation for too long with all his buddies around. It's all about popularity at that age. did we forget?? And it's obvious who that is...

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
ms07s;1409165 said:
Buy doing that you are removing equality from the justice system. Unequal punishment dependant on race is, in fact, racist.

Very well said

But as we all know the justice system in this country has been far from "blind, fair, and just,
"regardless of race,creed, or religion. Everyone gets fucked, unless your wealthy. (wealthy does not equal rich)

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Justin727;1408857 said:
it's hard to say. I've seen some quiet black kids that could've been in the same situation and not get beat on by their fellow "brother".

I've seen it. I've seen it alot. As a kid I grew up in a couple of ghetto's... predominately black communities. I've seen quite a bit of Bully vs. Geek fights. All between the same "brother" race. This happens in both male and female species. I've even see this all the way through highschool. So yes, it does happen.

So when I look at the video I see a bully picking on a geek. I don't see a color issue. All the while he was getting beat and afterward I didn't hear any derogatory name calling of his race of any kind.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
From what I could see the kid white kid was only looking for a place to sit on the bus. Only spot open was by the gruop of black kids.You see the white kid sit down,and the other kid starts pushing him to move"Don wan yo craka ass by me"the other kid pushes back,and back and forth it goes.He finally sees he's getting clowned by his friends and starts punching.It's shit like this that gets kids throats cut and dumped in alley ways.
I don't think it's racially motivated,just an example of someone living up to a stereotype.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Also, hate crime legislation generally applies to heinous crimes anyway.

A life sentence vs. a life sentence + 25 years is a political statement, not a judicial punishment.

Hate crimes legislation is about political grandstanding.