has anyone else herd of the mythical1.5jz

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
i was in shop and my friend chris tells me about a 2j with 1j heads redline is at 9 grand ...with cams .he is a supraholic he has a sc3000 witha 2j. he knows all the local supra owners hp range from 400 - 800+..i thought this would make a nice discussion or flame war either way i want to hear more about this 1.5j.im bout to pick up my car in an hour...yayyy allingment is dun....he tells me if im ever ready come talk to him about a swap he has done a few and can get me any engine i want low price.he has a 2j with bhg for 400..too bad i got no job.. ( ;

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
1.5jz? I"m pretty sure the guy made it up, but I could be wrong. Good luck with your search to find one though. Maybe you should start looking at the end of the rainbow...........:biglaugh:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
It is just like you said, it is a 2jz block with a 1jz head. The only gain that this is used for is when you have dumped an assload of cash into your 1jz head, and somethng happens to the bottom end.

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
nOOObS its real and i know it my friend chris knows what he is talking about he owned 2 or 3 mkiii and a has a sc3000. he does swaps on the side and sells motors from japan..he told me just stock heads and some cams ....etc and your redline will be at 9 GRAND...thats sick if i do a swap i will be going 1.5jz

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
beachsupra;1046675 said:
nOOObS its real and i know it my friend chris knows what he is talking about he owned 2 or 3 mkiii and a has a sc3000. he does swaps on the side and sells motors from japan..he told me just stock heads and some cams ....etc and your redline will be at 9 GRAND...thats sick if i do a swap i will be going 1.5jz

We know it is real, want me to pull up the flow numbers for the 1jz head vs the 2jz head and show you that 1.5jz is worthless unless you are swapping from a 1jz to a 1.5jz? On top of that, it costs more money, as you need to buy both the 1jz and the 2jz bottom end. Besides, you will need a standalone to rev to 9k, and it would be a good idea to dump more cash into the 1jz head if you are going to rev it that high.

I thought you were broke, didn't know you had 8k+ to pull this off. (1jz clip, 2jz block, normal parts you replace durring a swap, misc hoses, new turbo setup, standalone etc...)

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
<--- noob

Hey Jay, can I borrow your metric muffler bearing wrench? My titanium one is starting to rust.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Not quite.

severe.jpg

Now, we are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.