Status
Not open for further replies.

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
gets mad when I say he loves the supra more than me

omg no wonder he gets mad... i would get pissed too if my bf said i love my car more than him... i ain't got no probs there tho coz he owns a mk3 too :D

from chick to girl.... get over it.... let him have his mod and tinker time with the car and make time for you two as well

but as someone already said... don't start the conversation with "you love your car more than me"

my car = same as bf
the most we fight about is who's car we're gonna work on each weekend LOL

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I don't know, and I'm not going to pretend to understand your personal feelings about his car v/s your time. That being said, you sound like someone who's wanting more of his time than he's willing to give you.

There can be a few reasons for this, but I think these are possibly some of them.
1) Your nagging him about the car being #1 in his life. The more you nag, the less he wants to be with you, and he's using the car as an excuse now to avoid you.
2) You feel like he spends all his time and money on the car, and that your "children" would starve, but the Supra would have a new turbo. This is clearly jealously rearing up it's ugly head. Your mad that he spends more time, AND money on the car than with/on you.

I think you need to get over it, or move on.

If your bitching about this to him all the time, he will likely welcome the parting.

Just my .02 worth of relationships, but I've been married for about 13 years now, so I do know a few things about how it all works. "Happy wife, happy life" is a very true statement. But she does understand that I like to work on the Supra, and like to have my cars as a hobby. My wife loves to scrapbook, and I'm really not much into it, but can tolerate the fact that she loves to do it. WE don't do much of our hobbies together, but we let each other have the time and space to enjoy them apart.

It makes the things we do together that much better. Don't try and mix oil and water. It just makes sticky bubbles... LOL Enjoy being different, and love the time and things you do have in common.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
...haven't read thru all of this, but have been in the spot... "I wish U loved me, like U love that Fing car."

Bottom line, there are far worst things that I could love to do, which can be damaging to the relationship. I spend less on my car that she would shoes, make-up, or whatever other hobby tickled her fancy. I buy, sell, trade and give away stuff to other ppl in the same Supra community.

Since my MKIII was alread down, when I met my GF, it has not been an issue. She has followed the forums and when the time came, I got her an MKIV (which she seems to love more than me ;-)

The only time when an utimatum needs to be given, is when something is truly damaging a relationship (drugs, infidelity, gambling, etc). With the car, U know he's at home, in the garage, etc, etc..... where he belongs. Understand that you should just be supportive and not make this a wedge between U.

It takes a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGG time for withdrawal from a Supra. it is not a simple 12-step process and some ppl stay addicted ALL their lives ;-)

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
pay less attention to him for a day or two and just wach him realize what you feel like

DONT take a "break" just hang out with your friends or your hobby more than him for a day or two and he'll be the one looking for you. just dont say you want "some time off" that is the wrong way to go.

i beleive most men accomplish their best acheivements with the support of someone they love, be there for him but yea, the best way to get this out is to tell him. 5 minutes talking to him will yield much more results than talking on here for 5 days. awlays always always keep that comunication going.

L

lanky189

buy me a supra, be my gf..and i promise i wont neglect you.

as long as your in the supra.

yup

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Lanky, I don't think she has a mkII.....

Looking at this with a clear head, and super pissed off at my 87...... This is stupid..... Women > Cars, thats it. However, women like to complain, and cars just break down. I'm sure everyone could live without a SO but there's a lot at stake not having a reliable Supra (two words never to be used in the same sentence when used in refference to mkIII's). Is there a reason he needs the car to run? Is it his only car and you're mistaking "general maintenance" as..... whatever you called it?

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Don't let one guy turn you off of us gearheads, most of us would give the needed time to their SO....

Not my GF..... 2 Supras, and one without an engine, and a DD...... :biglaugh:

Agreed that mods aren't general maintenance........ Unless the stock part failed to begin with, or is running the risk of failing :evil2:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
crazy411 said:
I wish I could be a lesbian but I love something men have that women don't. :naughty:

And I have met men who dont like cars but then again who will do my car maintanence?

were those men gay?

if you break up with a guy because he has a hobby thats where you need to rethink what your expecting of him.

now if his hobby is something realy creapy and sadistic like making a suit of human flesh then yea take off, but cars?

meggs521

Apr 6, 2005
South Bend
Again... from the sounds of it she isn't breaking up with him because he has a hobby. I think she wants a guy that can spend more time with her and less time on his hobby then her current bf does....

L

lanky189

americanjebus said:
were those men gay?

if you break up with a guy because he has a hobby thats where you need to rethink what your expecting of him.

now if his hobby is something realy creapy and sadistic like making a suit of human flesh then yea take off, but cars?

it puts the supra in the garage...

IT PUTS THE SUPRA IN THE GARAGE OR IT GETS THE HOSE!

Tigerkat229

Sexy Kitty
Aug 2, 2005
Dallas, TX
www.xanga.com
crazy411 said:
Ok all you supra guys.... I need advice. What does a girl do when she feels second to her boyfriend's supra?? Sometimes I feel like just giving up on him!!! :1zhelp:

Oh my god.....

Seriously....take an interest...one of my best friends girl cant stand that she knows he loves the car more than her and she bitches...to me....why i dont know, she hardly even likes me...like i'm gonna tell him to give up the car for her...what-the-fuck-ever, i like that car a hell of a lot more than i like her

but advice...from a girl who hears a guy bitch....take an interest, thats all you have to do...go to meets with him, ask him if he needs help when you know hes working on it, buy a magazine and read up...cause in the long run, you either take and interest or the next part he removes is gonna be you.

L

lanky189

Tigerkat229 said:
Oh my god.....

Seriously....take an interest...one of my best friends girl cant stand that she knows he loves the car more than her and she bitches...to me....why i dont know, she hardly even likes me...like i'm gonna tell him to give up the car for her...what-the-fuck-ever, i like that car a hell of a lot more than i like her

but advice...from a girl who hears a guy bitch....take an interest, thats all you have to do...go to meets with him, ask him if he needs help when you know hes working on it, buy a magazine and read up...cause in the long run, you either take and interest or the next part he removes is gonna be you.
:withstupi

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
meggs521 said:
Again... from the sounds of it she isn't breaking up with him because he has a hobby. I think she wants a guy that can spend more time with her and less time on his hobby then her current bf does....

I dont think they really understand that.... *shrug*... but they're men...

Status
Not open for further replies.