GreenChevelless's Remorse: 1992 supra build

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So, from everything ive read here, you have a larger turbo, Lexus afm, but i dont see anything about upgraded injectors or fuel pump?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So, youre hitting fuel cut almost immediately, with the bigger turbo?
That sounds about right. It should all be good once you install all the fuel upgrades.

Tnice17

May 26, 2014
CT
Looks awesome! Keep up the good work.

Any update GreenChevelleSS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really, picked up a wideband and a set of EVO 560cc injectors and clips. Got the DET3 converted over to MAP sensor and am slowing getting things worked out on it. The Slave cylinder went out the other day and its been so hot I havent cared anything about messing with it.

Well the egr cooler gasket blew out, so I decided to pull the motor and do some more refreshing up that i shouldve when I originally built the motor.
It got New rod bearings also, They looked really good except had alot of trash in them. I cleaned the engine and parts really well before assembling i dont know where all the trash came from.
So It got new aisin Oil pump, New piston Squirter bolts, AZ performance high flow oil pipe, New woodruff keys, new balancer bolt, Oil filter relocation, full flow oil cooler, BBC Valve springs and valve stem seals, 560 injectors, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, Cummins Turbo oil drain, EGR delete, Manifold and exhaust housing getting ceramic coated, Everything I can get off is getting powder coated.

Last edited:
So I found my smoking problem. It was 2 exhaust side valve stem seals lost their tops, They were new felpros when I originally put the motor together. Idk is the valve stem seal failed or if the machine shop did it when they installed them. I also got all my springs changed. Hope it helps this thing pull a little harder on the top. i was worried about those old springs floating a valve and it always layed over real bad at 5k rpms.

Billybob9187

Mar 9, 2015
Stockton Ca
Just want to drop a thanks for suggesting the 4.9l bronco mounts. They are significantly cheaper. Summit has them for 13.99 right now. I will opt for some nicer ones but at a bottom price like that there is no competition.

no problem they work good, I dont have alot of miles or alot of horsepower on mine but so far so good.

So glad I have an assortment of valve shims, Ive been trying to get the clearances setup right into the middle of the measurements and ive got them all back into spec at least maybe like 1 or 2 not right in the middle, Been working on that all day its a PITA for sure.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
shoot for the top end of spec with your clearances - they will close as the valve seat wears, so theoretically, shooting for the top will help you minimize the number of times you have to re-shim.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
GreenChevelleSS;2059656 said:
Yes but I doubt this motor will make it long before I break it, so ill probably end up redoing it all again anyways. I've got another head getting larger valves and port work also.

That's the spirit :D