Gran Turismo 5, anyone?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
[video=youtube;qotsrSxyqXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qotsrSxyqXA&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Sorry I had too.

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
cb602122-f67b-5d9b.jpg
:) psn is bhgmk3 add me if you want will go though here later and add some people that have put there's up too

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
Had a release date shipping order with Amazon.com, so it was supposed to be here today. I checked my UPS tracking number last night to see this message:

"SHIPPER TENDERED THE SHIPMENT TO UPS AFTER THE LATEST PICKUP TIME FOR THE REQUESTED SERVICE. A DAY DELAY IS LIKELY."

Argh!!! :: angry :: And tomorrow is Thanksgiving so I won't get it until Friday! Long story short, I can't wait so I went to walmart this morning and bought the game...it's installing right now! Therefore, I'll have a brand new copy of GT5 for sale in a couple of days! :p

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
The damage modeling is a complete joke. Other than that I'm having a absolute blast.

Now back to playing bumper cars to win races.

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
scotty;1643150 said:
Playing now. Awesome so far. Anyone that have bought and tuned the turbo A yet?

2nd car I bought. Take note, the engine tone changes with each engine and exhaust upgrade! I have it at a stage 1 turbo so far and gone through 2 levels of engine upgrades and 3 exhausts. A first for the GT series, the exhaust changes appearance with each mod, as well as letting you fit aero on your mk3 :evil2:

Oh and I am a bastard... I repainted the turbo-A :naughty:

So far it's a mixed bag with me. I like the new physics and handling of the game, but I prefer the layout of GT4 over GT5. The course generator is lame. Don't expect the same kind of control over how you lay your track like ModNation Racers.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
wow i impressed and not impressed at the same time

the sim it's self is really good but there lots of hole in the game

liek for one if you upgrade your car in the game

theres no brake upgrade option ?????
stander cars you cna not change wheels ?????
chassie rigness shows strut bares when it used ot be roll cage ?????
no more inter cooler upgraded
the upgrade section feel not finshed

over all i think the game was just not finshed and was rushed out the door

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Yep, no brake upgrade is a disappointment. And on the premium cars you can't even change rim size, so all rims are like 16"..

Can't change wheels, body kits or have cockpit view on standard cars.. however, the game is still in production and there will be launched new cars on PS3 live, aswell as(crossing fingers) more standard cars will be converted to premium.

I must say the sound of the 7MGTE on the Turbo A sucks.. got the titanium racing exhaust,sports manifold and sports cat.. it sounds like some cheap honda ricer.. :(

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
omg i going to buy raceing tire in sec here i remmber in grand turismo 4 you got bigger wheel wiht race tires

i will find out soon

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
got raceing tires still rocking 16's omg

why does this game have some many wtf's in it but still solid sim witch is very good way better then forza

oh wel hope they add on to it later ?

IrishRon

Nov 16, 2010
NW Georgia
Overall it's great, but one big disappointment... the course "maker"... lol, why didn't they just call it "course randomizer", since you cannot really "make" anything, just random things.... anyway, back to playing GT

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Checked Amazon last night, and looks like my copy should be showing up on sat. The Wife decided to get me a collector's edition, so I am excited to open the box and get going.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
don't forget your unlock codes, my Gamestop unlock was on a separate sheet of paper. you enter the code under playstation@, in the account section under redeem codes.