Graduating High School what should I buy as a present to myself?

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Fuck yeah +1 to mechanical engineering! I think the hardest part for me will be my first two years (starting the second in fall) as I dont get any engineering classes till junior year.

I will say that theres little else out there thats better for these cars after all necessary maintenance (and then some) than an exhaust. A full 3" mandrel bent. Thats my next step.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
A car that you're not going to be fucking tempted to dump money into while you're in college.

Don't get me started :\

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Orion ZyGarian;1030591 said:
Fuck yeah +1 to mechanical engineering! I think the hardest part for me will be my first two years (starting the second in fall) as I dont get any engineering classes till junior year.

I will say that theres little else out there thats better for these cars after all necessary maintenance (and then some) than an exhaust. A full 3" mandrel bent. Thats my next step.

Take it from a now senior Mechanical Engineering student, the first two years are easy. ;) The classes are MUCH more interesting and you learn much more, but its harder.

I can't believe I'll be done in a year and I'll have to enter the real world with a real career and all.... time flies.

To the OP: CONGRATS!!! and CONGRATS again for wanting to go for Mech Eng.!!! If you have school funds worked out already.... i hate you. :) Buy the turbo timer.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Turbo timer? IMO a waste of money. My turbo isnt water cooled, so if I was dumb, maybe...

Regardless, I use it as a joke on people all the time. If nothing else, you can justify it as a joke. For example, this is how I do it with my family: take the key out and stare at it with an exasperated look as the car still runs. They tell me to turn the car off and I simply say "it'll turn off when it damn well pleases." I walk away. About 1:30-2 minutes later, it shuts off. VERY entertaining.

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
emiliorescigno;1030245 said:
A college education.

Unless he knows exactly what he wants to do with his life, that could be the worst advice he'll ever be given.

I'd vote Exhaust if you don't already have a decent system

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
$20.00 to bribe someone old enough to buy booze for you, $80.00 in booze, and stay drunk for a good couple of days (hell, go to graduation drunk, it'll make for good entertainment) ;)

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
starscream5000;1030776 said:
$20.00 to bribe someone old enough to buy booze for you, $80.00 in booze, and stay drunk for a good couple of days (hell, go to graduation drunk, it'll make for good entertainment) ;)

No! I knew someone that did that and he missed his graduation lmao. Stupid dumbass!

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
DonS1mpson;1030750 said:
Unless he knows exactly what he wants to do with his life, that could be the worst advice he'll ever be given.

I'd vote Exhaust if you don't already have a decent system

Regardless of what he wants to do, that piece of paper will always yield more than a GED/HS diploma equivalent

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
DonS1mpson;1030750 said:

How could this be the worst advice ever given, Kid?

I'm telling you too, go back to school. :3d_frown:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
suprastanger507mgte;1030852 said:
The pipe ? or the 2 legged kind? :biglaugh:

Well I did say "quality" I think a missing leg may preclude this ;)

All jokes aside buying some stupid car part to celebrate something as big as graduation?? WTF do something memorable that you'll talk about 20 years from now!