Got a package from Japan today...

Finally got my manifold from Japan today. I'm so happy, and it only took about 6 weeks to get here! I also have pics of my t04b, but I have had that for a while now. On to the pics:

tn_PDR_0953.JPG

tn_PDR_0954.JPG
tn_PDR_0955.JPG
tn_PDR_0956.JPG
tn_PDR_0957.JPG
tn_PDR_0958.JPG
tn_PDR_0959.JPG
tn_PDR_0960.JPG
tn_PDR_0961.JPG
tn_PDR_0962.JPG

And of course, my JDM awesomeness, filled with Japanese newspapers.
tn_PDR_0963.JPG

I got it on ebay, and it wasn't supposed to come with that wastegate adapter (they said they would sell it in another auction) but they threw it in there anyway. It also has a support bracket that you can see in the pics. I will be running a HKS external wastegate with it. I'm so happy. Now time to clean it!

-Nick :)

Last edited:
I have had the turbo for such a long time I forget some of the specs, I know, I am a retard. But from memory: its a T04B, 3" inlet, 60-1 compressor wheel, C-Trim, V-band exhaust housing, it seems like a fairly rare turbo, just because when I was searching for more specs I found very little on this specific one. I have the a/r and some other specs somewhere but I need to find them...

The manifold was adverised as a "HKS Replica", although I'm not too sure if its exactly the same. It's all cast iron, including the wastegate adaptor. And I'm not sure about whether it is out of a soarer or supra, it was just advertised for the 7m-gte. I need to find a place around here that does ceramic coating too. How much of an effect does ceramic coating really have on heat reduction? Does anyone have an estimate of how much it generally costs to ceramic coat a manifold?

I paid about $300 for it plus about $70 for shipping. I think it was a pretty good deal. I'll get some pics up tommorrow comparing it to the stock manifold.

And IJ, that jack will work great for getting the manifold in there, its the only tool I need ;)

-Nick

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
ceramic coating does make a diff and anything will def be an improvement on our engine bay. ive never had a car that got so hot under the hood.
price depends on who you go thru and what kind/color of coating you want. usually for a basic coating on a turbo mani is around $200. ive also heard if you get them coated inside and out it really helps prevent cracking, but i dont know this first hand.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I agree 100% with DB!

I ceramic/heat dispersant coated just about all the hot parts and put a turbo blankie on and it makes a HUGE difference to underhood temps so is well worth the money!

You guys are lucky being LHD here our brake and clutch master are right behind/above the Turbine/downpipe!

Mark2JZ

ahhhh!!!
Apr 2, 2005
Oxnard, CA
Thats awesome, you got a great deal on it. It is EXACTLY like my hks "long runner" soarer 7M manifold that I had on my old car, from the true old school hks full turbine upgrade kit. Good stuff. I had the same WG branch and everything. Good luck with the project.

-Mark

little pic, I know its hard to see, since i had the manifold heatshield on it.

im000640smal.jpg

Mark: Do you remember if yours had "HKS" anywhere on it? This one has no markings on it, but it must be a pretty accurate replica. Also, did you make that heatshield, or did it come with it? Mine did not come with a heatshield, but it has tapped holes on it and I am planning on making one that uses the holes.

Drifted: ebay ;)

-Nick

Mark2JZ

ahhhh!!!
Apr 2, 2005
Oxnard, CA
oldskool-nick said:
Mark: Do you remember if yours had "HKS" anywhere on it? This one has no markings on it, but it must be a pretty accurate replica. Also, did you make that heatshield, or did it come with it? Mine did not come with a heatshield, but it has tapped holes on it and I am planning on making one that uses the holes.

-Nick

I think it only had HKS cast on the 6th runner. Can't remember for sure since its been awhile. Don't fret since HKS doesn't put their name on some things. As far as I know, there aren't any copies of the long runner soarer version. The heatshield I had came with the mani, but its pretty simple to fab one up since it won't take very many bends. The heatshield used the tapped holes you describe. :)