Furious But Lazy 7M owner who gave Up.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
There are two things I hate about my iphone... one... the auto correcd feature... (which I am afraid of turning off because it looks like more work if I do) and the fact I feel naked if its not in my hand...

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Albert;1894673 said:
Anyway. So did you figure out headgasket stuff?

Well I'm waiting to see how much is going to taken off the head before purchase I one.

I was talking to the machine shop and trying to figure out the best way to go about fixing the head, he said he can smooth it out and clean it up enough to where I will not have any issues. He also said if I wanted they could weld it and smooth it out.

He wants to avoid that because the spots that needed to be welded will be softer.

I'm unsure of what to do about that because I'm worried about getting hot spots where it's damaged.

He did not seem concerned when I mentioned possible future problems with hot spots.

As for the head gasket driftmotion sells a 2.0mm

IJ.;1894675 said:
He can spell it now so that's a start :evil2:

My spelling is still so so.. Lol

Last edited:

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
About to re wrap my exhaust manifold here's some before pictures.

p1894807_1.jpg

p1894807_2.jpg

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Albert;1894836 said:
Metal zipties?

Why not just get it ceramic coated?

I was thinking about it but. Don't want it to take a month to get it back. If I can find somewhere to do it and have it back to me in time then ill more then likely jump on it. How much does that normally run?

Also just talked to Aaron on the phone.

He told me he's going to try and see if he can quickly get me 1 cp piston at cost. But it usually takes up to 3 weeks and I really don't want to wait that long.

So I think I'm going to buy the set of 6 he already has and have 5 spare pistons. If he can't get the one in quicker.

I'll order the head gasket as soon as I get the head back and figure out what size I need and hopefully have this thing back on the road before 2013.

Also going to order the rest of my fuel setup and get that knocked out.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
AbsoluteSpeed;1894849 said:
Looks like you will have it back together soon enough.
Glad to see you didn't give up and are still buying parts no less lol

Thanks I end up buying a bunch of stuff I don't need if I can get a deal I feel like I won.

Albert;1894855 said:
Ill buy the other 5 eventually lol

Lol. I'll trade ya for a turbo or something. I have to call Aaron back right now and see what he says. Also got to check up on my cams. Suppose to be here by now.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Wish I had a update for you lol.

Um let's see IMO piston and head gasket should be here by Thursday and the head will be done tomorrow.

So I will drive it up to Phoenix the first chance I get.

Also I have got everything for my fuel system ready to go.

Driftmotiom 14mm top feed injector rail
2 Bosch 044 pumps
Injector dynamic 1000cc
-6an line and fittings for dual feeds
-8an line and fittings for return
2 10micron filters

So after all that ready to go its roll cage time.