Furious But Lazy 7M owner who gave Up.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
stevenr816;1937307 said:
This thing run better yet with the file I sent you or what.

It idles on its now that's about it. I still can't go past 5500 rpm period no matter the situation unless its the first pull of the day

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
p1937726_1.jpg

Aren't the tabs on that DM flywheel lockplate supposed to be bent in towards the bolts?
Isnt that what keeps the bolts from loosening?

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Sounds like it makes since. Wonder why no one ever did it at any of the shops my motor went to lol. Oh well they were still nice and tight last time i did my Trans.

Next time ill be sure to address that

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
The locking tab won't work for arp

Mickeys supra had the same issue...

Use red locktite(you have to with jzs or it will leak) and torque to 65lbs

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Well, I'm sorry Steven.
Ive' been staring at the pic, as deep in to the obvious as i can, but my eyes aren't what they used to be.
I don't have any experience with using a lock plate. Maybe you could help a brotha out ?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
stevenr816;1937925 said:
Your answer is stated in that picture. Deep inside the obvious.

tyvm for being enigmatic... that works when people have missed something important.. lol. But you did it very well!

I stared and my eyes hurt.. but cool. I still don't think the tabs will stop them from spinning and I believe Albert's response (above yours).

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
stevenr816;1938086 said:
Lock ring will only work with a hex bolt. That have flat edges which will allow the lock ring to engage on something. Arps have the round face, on top of being 12pt. Nothing to lock down on.

Ya know how your sure your right and then someone makes a statement that makes you question yourself?

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
Grandavi;1938088 said:
Ya know how your sure your right and then someone makes a statement that makes you question yourself?
Right
And I know Alberts right cause I was the one that told him that. Your actually suppose to use thread sealant since the holes are into the oil galley. But I recommended lock tite with a full bead around the bolt instead of a drop since he had some loosen in the past.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So...
I was right? The tabs are to be pressed against the sides of the bolts?
But they weren't in this case, because arp's were used?(the deep obvious)

So, why is there a locking plate on the flywheel in this case?

I ask, because i was thinking of buying one, but I'm using arp's also, and additionally,
I've seen oem pieces that are called lock plates, but they are tab-less rings.
I was wondering if there was some lockwasher-type friction effect that these offered or something...

Last edited:

MadRPM

Nov 9, 2012
Tampa
I just went through your thread and I must say that we have 3 things in common:

- Own a Supra
- Plagued with bad luck (or Milady Buzz Killington as a man put it)
- Not giving up on the car

Granted those events happened with my Tercel but shit, I feel for you. Keep it up mang, more motivation to get my shift my focus from the Tercel to the Supra. You'll forget about your luck once the wastegate opens, trust me.