For the gamers...if there are any

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
For those of you who own an XBOX360, go out RIGHT NOW and buy Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. I just got it yesterday and have been playing as much as possible. The graphics are amazing! Sometimes I have trouble paying attention to the mission because the lighting catches my eye and I just stare at it. I seriously get shot all the time because I am standing out in the open and admiring the view. Man I love this game. Ok time to play some more.

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
Im still stuck on dreamcast lol just got tokyo extream racer 2 bad ass game btw other wise i would buy a 360 if the supra didnt have me in so much debt.

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
^I've got a dreamcast...don't play it much, mostly PS2. It was a damn good system though. I hear it's still supported in Japan. Sega bitches! I'm waiting for the PS3...XBox360 is impressive, but I think the PS3 will be better.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
LMAO@Furball...

I want a 360, but what sucks is I have about 60 xbox games and from what I hear, most of them wont play on a 360... So I dunno... I might get one anyway...

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
My little bro doesnt leave the 360 for any reason other than dinner and school. He just got that game and as usual, doesnt stop playing it. Hes one of them gamer geeks that is in a "clan" and they compete against other clans. Apparently his clan is sponsored? he even made a website for his clan/Xbox art. A bit obsessive if you ask be, but then again theres us. Supra/Boost addicts. Eh watever.. i wish i had that much spare time to spend on gaming. Ha. Perks of being free of responsibility i suppose... i miss that shyt

Troyota

Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
Reign: I think you can download a patch for each of your Xbox games that will allow them to be played on the 360...but you have to download one for each individual game. Not exactly plug and play reverse compatible like the PS series has and will continue to be...:)

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
As far as backwards compatability goes, there are a lot of games that are, but you need to download the patches. Some games like Ninja Gaiden and Half Life 2 supposedly don't work all that well, but all I really play from the original xbox is Halo and Halo 2, and those work great.

I'm a big fan of PC games as well. I love F.E.A.R., Brothers in Arms, Far Cry, the entire Jedi Knight series, the Roller Coaster Tychoon series, and some crazy old stuff like Commander Keen. There hasn't been too much coming out on PC lately to catch my attention though, so right now I'm playing more on the 360.

Oh, and Reign Maker, get a 360, it is worth it.

Troyota

Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
I think the consoles are quickly gaining on PC for a fraction of the cost of a decent system that you have to upgrade when the latest and greatest games come out. The PC gaming market is really losing it's edge to the console market. Sorry.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
I can just get a new video card, you have to toss your whole system in the garbage... sorry..:) Pc graphics will always be superior due to the fact you play yours on a tv.

Sorry Furball, I did not mean to hijack...:) Back OT..

Last edited:

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
Tecnically, I use my computer monitor (so no difference there). Microsoft has a VGA cable for the 360. I play all my games in 1280 x 1024.

New graphics cards are between 300-600 for a really good one. The 360 is 400. That's the cost of a graphics card.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150143
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102671
And the graphics chipset in the 360 is more advanced than current gen chipsets. Also, to keep up with the latest games on PC, you have to buy more than a graphics card to keep those games running at a high frame rate with all the SFX turned up. The 360 is more powerful than like 95% of PCs out there right now. Unless you shell out 3 the 4 thousand bucks for a new PC you aren't going to get a system more powerful than the 360. I'm not bashing on the PC. I love computers. It's just cost for cost, consols are kicking butt right now.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Thats cool about consoles being hooked up to monitors... :) Im sure they have advanced alot in the last few years...Usually I would agree on the cost of a good card... But I paid 78$ for my crippled 9800pro card new( a year ago or more) and there has not been a game I can not play on it with a 5$ ball bearing fan installed. thanks for info though.

Mine is a overclocked P4 2.8ghz chip I put together a few years ago all for under $425 with a huge aftermarket copper fan, and a gig of ram, Im sure its out of date by todays standards. But I have not had to upgrade to keep up as of yet.

Last edited:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Real gamers just say no to consoles. Ever see a game that lets PC players compete online against consoles? No. You know why? Because competent PC players OWN anyone who doesn't have access to a *GOOD* mouse to control their movement.

Console controllers suck, without exception.

Console graphics suck - I like to play games in 1600x1200. Consoles are getting widescreen capabilities now? PC's have had this for 5+ years already. Decent sound from your console? Ya, right - and again, PCs have had 6.1 channel surround for years.

If you want leading edge, you use a PC. If you are happy with mediocrity from a few years ago, you are welcome to buy a console.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Furball said:
And the graphics chipset in the 360 is more advanced than current gen chipsets. Also, to keep up with the latest games on PC, you have to buy more than a graphics card to keep those games running at a high frame rate with all the SFX turned up.
I think you should check your facts. Most of the high end gaming graphics cards are faster and have more memory than the one built into the 360.

And really all you need to upgrade on modern machines is the CPU, add more memory, and get a faster video card - and 80% of your speed increases in games come from the video card.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Grim, if I did that to my computer, would it help with loading pages and running pages? Because if Im on a page that has alot of flash annimation, or moving smileys, or scrolling banners and what not, my computer "seems" to run slow as hell... Like, my cursor doesnt flash smoothly, and the typing seems to stutter... I hate it...

*sorry kinda OT, but just popped in my head, had to ask, sorry bout this*

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Depends on the rest of your computer, how clean of spyware / virii it is, how much free hard drive space you have available, and how fast your internet connection is.

If the graphics card is the limiting factor, then yes, a new card would help.