• Yes, take that money!

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Sure, go ahead and sell it!

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Went home for lunch today to let the dog out for abit. One of my neighbors came over to talk to me. Asked me about the Supra and said his fiancée really wants it. Asked if I would be interested in selling it. I told him anything can be bought for the right price. I threw out 6500. He bit, even after I told him it wasn’t a daily driver and let him know the issues associated with that. He wanted to go down to the bank that minute to get a cashiers check. I told him to gimme a day or two to think about it.

Of course I would be keeping all the spiffy Jspec stuff not on the car right now, along with JZ style intake and abunch of other stuff I don’t have on it right now for whatever reason. They car would basically be going out with T04 kit, hardpipes, lex/550s, cartech cooler, TEIN coilovers, gears n whatever I can’t remember right now.

Just seems way too good of an offer to pass on. Hell, I could buy an already 1J swapped 7M with the cash and a turbo kit for the GSR by selling the car and the left over goodies. Or I could put a good chunk of the cash down to pick up a MK4.

I’ve got some thinking to do. But I really think the MK3 is gonna be sold by the end of the week.

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
I'd sell it if it's in the name of upgrading whether it be car(another Supra) or better quality of living in general. HTH

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
scottiedawg66 said:
what car can you get that will perform like a modded supra for $6500, besides a modded supra?

~scott

For 6500 bucks?

Fox body Stang, DSM, LT1 F-Body, might be able to snag turbo Regal at that price, FC RX7, SR20 240SX, could probably snag a first gen 3SI, MK2 MR2, TTZ32, swapped honda. There are tons of cars out there can perform the same or much better for that price.

The title is abit misleading though. I would use the money to get something Supra related again.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Sell it keep the things u listed. buy a supra with BHG for 700 and make that shit fast. put 4000 in the supra and u made $$$ for a little bit of work
if someone offered me 6500 for my car id give them the damn keys right there u can find another supra for that price hell some people sell MKIV for 6500.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Haha, talked to him again yesterday. Said I checked autotrader and it looked like I was really low balling myself. Asked for 7500 and he said yes. As long as he's still down on wednesday, this car is sold.

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
well if i could buy another one and have money leftover for that then i would do it.. maybe lol.. i'm emotionally attached to mine hehe
i get ppl wanting to buy my car all the time grrr.. i tell them i want 15k LOL they don't come back... but one dude even considered that :eek: wtf lol.. that's like 20kusd or more hahah

maybe i should have hehe

good luck with it... but you gotta stay supra somewhere ;)

supra_dre

Apr 1, 2005
it seems like your car has more than basic upgrades plus tein coilovers: Last week this guy (owns a mkiv supra TT) offered $9000 for my nearly bone stock mk3 Supra automatic! All I have is a full exhaust, 17" mkivs, and one of the cleanest mk3's they'd seen in town. i dont think you're buyer is a Supra/sports car enthusiast so he might not understand if the price is a little high but i think your price is alittle low.

Jonnymkiii

High Altitude
Mar 31, 2005
Boulder, Co
Seems like a good price to sell, and it seems like you've already made up your mind. If it's business, then it's a good deal. Good luck with whatever you decide to get next.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
I had a $9000 offer a couple of months back.....i almost almost sold the thing....

I would of got a TT Z...or old school 911....or a N/A 5 speed mk4....or a macked out EG civic hatch....or a AE86....or a down payment on a 350z.....or a mazda 323 GTX......or a grand national....or a SC300 5 speed ( 1jz swap )......

I dont think i could even buy another car after the supra...i dont know what on earth i would buy! :(