First time in the 11's

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
upgradedsupra;1638345 said:
You are more suited to the 10's club

I think lowering your tire pressure and some boost off the line, you will net a 10 with practice Jay. The 11's club is not for you. You are more suited to the 10's club. ;)

Duane

I run 10's in reverse.....

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
No sir...........smooth as silk at 126. I'm interested to see what they feel like at 130.

Thanks Kristel and everyone else that has congratulated me. Duane, Im not sure I'll be in the tens anytime soon. If I had a good antilag it would help a lot and might get me there.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
suprahero;1638563 said:
No sir...........smooth as silk at 126. I'm interested to see what they feel like at 130.

Thanks Kristel and everyone else that has congratulated me. Duane, Im not sure I'll be in the tens anytime soon. If I had a good antilag it would help a lot and might get me there.

I didn't noticed wiggle/wave until after 140 MPH.

Sure you will! Boost off the line and get car tuned a tad more to make it run better and good to go!

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
Congrats Jay, awesome times man!

I'm sure you could setup the 2-step in the Stinger and you'd see quicker 60's. Maybe even pick up some RX7 rims and run ET Streets on those (larger sidewall) as well.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
IBoughtASupra;1638734 said:
Not sure if it was asked but what are your mods? I know a 1J but that is all. LOL! Big single I assume?

My car is almost completely stock except for:
850 cc injectors
6765 journal bearing turbo
Stinger ems
12" x 24" Treadstone intercooler
Snow's performance methanol kit
BC 272 small core cams
Eagle rods
CP pistons
Koyo Radiator
Built R154 trans
LIP traction bars
Front and rear sway bars
GT500 rotars and brakes on the front
stock suspension in the back
Tein coilovers on the front
stock steering wheel
stock carpet
stock gas tank (two walbros inside though)
stock headlights
stock tail lights
stock blinkers
stock targa top
stock rear seats (covered in blue and white leather)
stock pedals
stock window switches and glass
stock gas cap
stock oil filler cap...........ooops, actually its from a 1jz so it's not stock
stock heater core
stock rear bumper

Pretty much completely stock except for one or two items.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
WeDgE;1638630 said:
Congrats Jay, awesome times man!

I'm sure you could setup the 2-step in the Stinger and you'd see quicker 60's. Maybe even pick up some RX7 rims and run ET Streets on those (larger sidewall) as well.

He runs ET streets. ;)

Jostar;1637615 said:
What tires where you running?

suprahero;1637809 said:
Mickey Thompson ET streets. I drove down there and back on them. That's the only tires I run on the back. I keep them on there full time. Until I find another street tire that will hold, that's what I'll keep running.

GrimJack;1638760 said:
I had a crapload of wiggle at 123.

Maybe it is your car? Mine was solid and was trapping 130 at the time.

Jay, you're funny!! HAHA

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
upgradedsupra;1638914 said:
He runs ET streets. ;)

Yes, I can read. :)

RX7 rims are 2" smaller in diameter (I'm assuming he's running 18's from the pictures), therefore he would have a taller sidewall running the same type of tire (hence, why I wrote "larger sidewall" in the post).

Keep up the good work, Jay!

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
WeDgE;1638959 said:
Yes, I can read. :)

RX7 rims are 2" smaller in diameter (I'm assuming he's running 18's from the pictures), therefore he would have a taller sidewall running the same type of tire (hence, why I wrote "larger sidewall" in the post).

Keep up the good work, Jay!

Jay isn't running any amount of boost to start either. With boost he will cut that time down significantly. A 1.6 60ft would be easy on his tire with boost and dropped tire pressure! He doesn't race it often so with practice, his time will drop as well. :)

Duane

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Dude holy shit, 11's on the stock rear bumper? You have to get some new pedals that will help your times too.. And I hope you have some stickers on your back window... You need to cut holes in your back bumper.. You don't even know, omg you'll be in the 10's then! I would recommend autozone on the pedals :)

Something like this, they are F'ing purple too "ok fine blue" smh lol, cant beat that for the price:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=767968_0_0_

Also I would recommend one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Air-...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3752wt_887

lol sorry I had too..

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
suprahero;1638878 said:
stock steering wheel
stock carpet
stock gas tank (two walbros inside though)
stock headlights
stock tail lights
stock blinkers
stock targa top
stock rear seats (covered in blue and white leather)
stock pedals
stock window switches and glass
stock gas cap
stock oil filler cap...........ooops, actually its from a 1jz so it's not stock
stock heater core
stock rear bumper

Pretty much completely stock except for one or two items.

Then you are not really "JDM Tyte, yo!".

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
upgradedsupra;1638982 said:
Jay isn't running any amount of boost to start either. With boost he will cut that time down significantly. A 1.6 60ft would be easy on his tire with boost and dropped tire pressure! He doesn't race it often so with practice, his time will drop as well :)

how much will it cost to hire for you to be my spokesman too? :D

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Jayhall;1639094 said:
how much will it cost to hire for you to be my spokesman too? :D

Free! Since you did the last Supra meet, we can call it even. :D What about wedge? He is giving advice and info too, or is it that you like my spokesman ways best? :)

I was merely telling him what he may not know since Jay isn't here. ;)

Duane