First time in the 11's

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
upgradedsupra;1638024 said:
As opposed to a fake car? :rofl:

Jay runs an ET drag/slick not full street tire.

Congrats on the time Jay! I'm glad to see you are in the 11's club. Time to get more seat time and get in the 10's now. ;) What's most important is that this car is a STREET car and was driven to and from the track!!! :)

Duane

Relax this thread ISN'T about you..... :nono:

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
IJ.;1638075 said:
Relax this thread ISN'T about you..... :nono:

Really? ... Seriously!?! LMAO You quoted me correcting you. He doesn't run a true street tire is all. I tried to have fun as Jay is a joker. (IMO) YOU need to relax. ;) And, besides, I spoke with Jay today and he knows me pretty well.

Carry on! :)

Duane

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
ForcedTorque;1638108 said:
Wait..........Is this an Aussie, criticizing a Canadian, about his thoughts of an American racer?

Congrats on the new times Jay!

No, a Canadian was correcting what the Aussie thought was correct about the American driving a Japanese car. :D

Duane

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
All I want is world peace....................kumba ya my Lord, kumba ya...........kumba ya my Lord, kumba ya..........................lol

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Look what I found on the Mobile local forum. A nice car, surrounded by nice company, but we see where the camera was focused.

p1638160_1.jpg

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Looks like whatever car was in the center was edited out, yet even with the advent of Photoshop and other such magic, the coolant stain could not be removed from the picture.. I wonder what car might have been sitting next to Jay ;)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
buckshotglass;1638178 said:
^^ Yeah, just look at that NSX.;)
Jay nice runs. Glad to see you driving it. Last time I saw it, it was on a trailer.:)

That black NSX was my first victim...........He ran a quicker time by three thousandths of a second, but I won by .0656.............that was the race I had to get in and out of third and fourth due to tire slippage at a hundred mph. His car was dead sexy, but it was no match for my blue redneck mobile.

Scott, that is a cool picture you posted by the way and thanks for the congrats.

After I beat the NSX, the owner of the GTR came over and talked with me and was amazed at the power my car made. The NSX later beat the GTR in another race.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
upgradedsupra;1637980 said:
About time. Geez. As for tires, put some damn slicks on. People asking about tires and tire pressure? SLICKS will hook. PERIOD.

Duane

You know how I feel about slicks

IJ.;1638010 said:
Even more impressive as it's done in a real road car on street tires!

and aparently so does IJ

and Jay, thats pretty much how I've been launching my car on a street tire too. So far its the best way Ive found, but Im not done experimenting with my launch just yet. Awesome stuff, I hope next year I'll be wearing my 11's hat next year with you

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Jayhall;1638245 said:
You know how I feel about slicks

and aparently so does IJ

I run DOT street tires. Same as Jay.

Jostar;1637615 said:
What tires where you running?

suprahero;1637809 said:
Mickey Thompson ET streets. I drove down there and back on them. That's the only tires I run on the back. I keep them on there full time. Until I find another street tire that will hold, that's what I'll keep running.

I think lowering your tire pressure and some boost off the line, you will net a 10 with practice Jay. The 11's club is not for you. You are more suited to the 10's club. ;)

Duane

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
upgradedsupra;1638345 said:
I run DOT street tires. Same as Jay

I know what tires you run, you were talking about slicks and how they would hook. Thats what I was responding too.