First oil change after rebuild- health of engine ? [Pics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
Typhoon;1804450 said:
Coincidence, it does not apply to engines. All these problems are linked to one issue. OP doesn't know jack about engines, and instead of cluttering up the forums with questions and refusing to listen to very knowledgeable people, he should just spend a few hundred dollars at a mechanic.
I guess the OP is the epitomy of what happens when intarnetz knowlegggge is believed to be actual knowledge and inspires a false sense of knowing better than people with 20+ years of experience with old engines and cars.

assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups. unfortunately you dont know the trouble ive been through trying to get my 7m looked at by a real mechanic in Sydney and I wont go in to why its difficult.

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
Daddio;1420416 said:
I'd tend to agree...if memory serves Aloshan has a pre-89 7M-GTE with the vac controlled cold start thingy...the temp sensor would thus not be the culprit.

yup , thanks of that

guy who came to do the leakdown test ( and i took a frickin day off work for this) thought I said compression test and didnt bring the proper tools. This after i spoke with him and said leak down test a number of times.

So that didnt get done. Out of frustration I went and purchased a compressor and attempted to do it myself. Everything was going well until I got the point where I need to get cyl 1 at TDC in the compression stroke.

Could not turn over the motor by hand no matter how hard I tried, so couldnt get to TDC.... ended up trying to for an hour or two and then just did another compression test (since plugs where out and engine was warm anyway). 150 psi on all cylinders dry.

So im getting a leak down test on Sunday at 10am , its the same guy but this time he will bring his equipment.

My mechanic (the guy who built the engine) is adamant that if the compression is that good across all cylinders then the rings must be okay. I think it is the oil rings that are the problem and not the compressions rings ,which is the reason I think its blowing smoke but showing good compression...

will have to wait till sunday to know the results....

Typhoon

Jun 30, 2007
ACT
aloshan;1804461 said:
assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups. unfortunately you dont know the trouble ive been through trying to get my 7m looked at by a real mechanic in Sydney and I wont go in to why its difficult.

[strike]Frankly, you are the mother of all fuckups.[/strike] You are having trouble having your car looked at because you think you know it all and the mechanics want nothing to do with you.

[strike]So, when you've been working on old, high mileage engines for over 20 years, including a lot of time diagnosing problems "professionals" couldn't find or fix, maybe then you can get up on your arrogant little high horse and tell people off who know more than you ever will about engines, due to your massive ego and ignorance.[/strike]

Last edited by a moderator:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Ok folks.

high.jpg

This thread is rapidly moving away from a tech thread and into a debate...

Enough.

I will give this thread one more chance to get back on track and if not, it's headed elsewhere.

However I find it worth noting at this point; if you aren't going to listen to anything the people here have to say, is there a point to this thread?

Typhoon

Jun 30, 2007
ACT
Aloshan, everyone in the world knows the troubles YOU have had listening to anyone and spending any of your precious time finding someone to work on your car for $10/hr. You've posted at least six separate threads about it in the last 3 months on at least three separate forums. So, maybe the problem isn't your car, but you?
You've been given some very good advice early on, failed to listen to it, preferring to wait till someone tells you exactly what you want to hear. You could have a nice driving car by now, if you'd spent $500 at a mechanic to get the thing running well, but you're too absorbed in appearance mods and whining about how hard done by you think you are. So here's a little pointer- welcome to the real world, where you have to sort out your own problems and not rely on your parents.

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
Supracentral;1806036 said:
I will give this thread one more chance to get back on track and if not, it's headed elsewhere.

Typhoon;1806311 said:
Aloshan, everyone in the world knows the troubles YOU have had listening to anyone and spending any of your precious time finding someone to work on your car for $10/hr. You've posted at least six separate threads about it in the last 3 months on at least three separate forums. So, maybe the problem isn't your car, but you?
You've been given some very good advice early on, failed to listen to it, preferring to wait till someone tells you exactly what you want to hear. You could have a nice driving car by now, if you'd spent $500 at a mechanic to get the thing running well, but you're too absorbed in appearance mods and whining about how hard done by you think you are. So here's a little pointer- welcome to the real world, where you have to sort out your own problems and not rely on your parents.

.. bye bye thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.