Finally, pics of my new mkiii!

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
I know some of you guys have been asking me for pics of the new supra that I bought when I returned home from Afghanistan this past april. My digital camera was stolen the last few days before re-deployment back to the states, and I just bought another one.

A little background on the supra: First of all, it was completely stock with 75,000 miles. I found this car on supratrader in december of 06' while I was still overseas. Some of you may recognize it. I decided to take a chance and contact the guy even though I wasn't in the country. I told him where I was, when I would return home, and to my suprise he agreed to a paypal deposit (yeah, took a chance there lol) to hold the car for me for the next 5-6 months! The car was in Iowa owned by a nice guy named Chris. He was in his late twenties, newly married, new born baby and the whole nine yards. He told me he was the 3rd owner, had owned the car for the last eight years, and that his wife is putting him on a leash, haha. To me that is amazing seeing that the car only had 75k for a 3rd owner. Sadly, he knew nothing of the forums at all.

Anyway, as soon as I got back I took a train (I'm poor) out to Iowa the next weekend to finish up the paperwork and watched the shippers put the supra on the truck for the long haul back to CT. About four days later she arrived all nice and dirty from the open trailor. Oh, and it took me just as long to get to Iowa by train as it took me to fly to Afghanistan, lol!

All right, all right here are the pics! Enjoy!

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 85
  • supra1.jpg
    supra1.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 103
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 136

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
just a question! i thought once it was 90-92 it had the same color moldings on the door? your's has grey?? why is that?? my 92 is all red no grey stripes

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
CTsupra said:
Sadly, he knew nothing of the forums at all. All right, all right here are the pics! Enjoy!

Hahaha...I don't think that is sad at all. Good thing he DID NOT find out about the forums or else that car would have been hacked up already .... and you wouldn't have had such a nice Supra in your posession.
Car is beautiful.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Very clean supra. Those tail lights look brand new.............:love:

Instead of shipping the car, how come you didn't drive it home? I may have missed something, but seems like you were there with the car and you took a train and it took a car hauler. Wouldn't it have been cheaper to drive it home? Were you worried about it making the trip? Just curious.

Glad you made it home safely............::salute::

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
suprahero said:
Very clean supra. Those tail lights look brand new.............:love:

Instead of shipping the car, how come you didn't drive it home? I may have missed something, but seems like you were there with the car and you took a train and it took a car hauler. Wouldn't it have been cheaper to drive it home? Were you worried about it making the trip? Just curious.

Glad you made it home safely............::salute::
It's a 7m, I am sure he was worried... lol. J/K CT..

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
clean!

cartel1_950 said:
just a question! i thought once it was 90-92 it had the same color moldings on the door? your's has grey?? why is that?? my 92 is all red no grey stripes

not on a 90 and earlier. the only color matched molding was the white package. 91-92 had color matched on all colors.

CACressida

The Cressida Whore!
Feb 19, 2007
Modesto, CA
IJ. said:
Ken: Welcome back :)

Nice car pity about the ugly guy that came with it!
LOL!

Damn, why you gotta be so harsh about the ugly delivery guy?!

That is one heckuva nice car. It's one of the color combos I am deeply in love with. Congrats.:love: