ffim available in the near future?

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
How well does the block to head vent hose fit with a altenator installed?

Do we use one of the bolts at the head to secure the ground harness wire?

Will you have a throttle wire for the throttle and cruise available or where to source a part to modify?

I think you did mention that you would turn the throttle down towards the ground some or would it be better to have it pointing straight out so we could install a simple 90* 3 inch IC pipe directly onto the throttle.

Are you going to have the final product flow tested to see how that no 1 cylinder will flow and the rest?

thanks.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Block to Head vent no problem

Harness ground bolts right on as stock

Stock throttle and cruise will work with LIPP FFIM

Few different ideas on the TB angle, we will be working on it this weekend. Greg has all ready drawn up a few different CAD drawings so we will be looking at all the different options.

Flow isn't such a problem when dealing with a forced induction intake system. Think of it this way, your intake is a air tank filled by your compressor (turbo) The valves do not open at the same time so the "flow" is not a factor. All the runners have the same contour charactoristics so they will all perform the same

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
I want to see inside it..
I know it sounds weird but I would like to see how the runners open to the 'chamber' (i dunno what you would call it)
Is it like a sharp square edge or rounded and smooth?

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
The prototype may look a little sharp but it's just because the tolerances for the layering on the prototype. The smoother the shapes the more it costs and we are just using this prototype for clearance fitment under the hood

DSC03401.JPG

The first round hole is no longer is the part, it is the IAC port

InFrnt0fU

Lurking Supra Socialite
I spoke with Jack on the phone today for about 30 minutes...I was purchasing some SS brake lines, which in case any of you are looking to order Goodridge SS brake lines, they are no longer going to be made.

Anyway...after talking with Jack and discussing the FFIM, my advice to anyone that would question the quality in the design of this piece should hold their tongue and wait to see the final product. These guys know what they are doing, period.

For everybody at suprasport behind this product, thank you for supporting the original engine platform and taking the time to develop such an awesome NEW, BOLT ON, performance product that all 7M'ers can hope to have on their vehicle at some point.

:end rant:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
InFrnt0fU;1288342 said:
Anyway...after talking with Jack and discussing the FFIM, my advice to anyone that would question the quality in the design of this piece should hold their tongue and wait to see the final product. These guys know what they are doing, period.

Thank you typing that out for me, this way I didnt have to :)

Funky and I stoped by yersterday and everything is still looking on track and SS has looked at EVERYTHING. Yersterday, we were looking the altenator placement and just discussing as where the IC piping should run. Also talked about their FFIM being a 100% bolt in kit for everything to go FFIM. With intercooler, IC piping, TB, couplers, gaskets, bolts, nuts, ect. pretty much everything needed to go ffim but the 10 & 12 mm wrenches.

<-----is afraid of SS phone ringing off the hook once these hit the market. ;) I feel for you Jack.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Why not just leave the intake manifold the way it is with no angle? The reason I say that is so people that don't want to have to relocate their battery don't have to, just remove the upper or both aux fans. This way you leave it up to the end customer and then the IC pipes will be able to make the angle instead of the manifold.

The IAC I would put it on the back inside of the manifold. This way if you wanted to just run a breather filter you can or if you wanted to run a pipe or hose you can route it behind the coil packs or over the back of the valve covers.

Just my $.02

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
frontierguy25;1291377 said:
Why not just leave the intake manifold the way it is with no angle? The reason I say that is so people that don't want to have to relocate their battery don't have to, just remove the upper or both aux fans. This way you leave it up to the end customer and then the IC pipes will be able to make the angle instead of the manifold.

The IAC I would put it on the back inside of the manifold. This way if you wanted to just run a breather filter you can or if you wanted to run a pipe or hose you can route it behind the coil packs or over the back of the valve covers.

Just my $.02

What I am changing is the throttle body flange is going to stay pointing straight forward but it is moving back about 2" from where it is now. We did decide to leave it straight for the reasons you pointed out.
The IAC is now going to be about the same location as stock but that too is moving back, so it is located about where the dip in the valve cover starts just past the coils.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Toy-Rific;1291655 said:
What I am changing is the throttle body flange is going to stay pointing straight forward but it is moving back about 2" from where it is now. We did decide to leave it straight for the reasons you pointed out.
The IAC is now going to be about the same location as stock but that too is moving back, so it is located about where the dip in the valve cover starts just past the coils.

Yup that is exactly what I was saying!! This is going to be a great manifold!!

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Our current prototype is ABS plastic. I don't think the plastic would hold up long term and the actual 3d print costs us about $900 for each one, thats why we don't make alot.
Should have new pics tomorrow