ffim available in the near future?

red88turbo

Need more BOOST
Mar 13, 2006
socal
Been keeping up with this through the email list and this thread. Very excited, can't wait to see pics. I'll probably be one of the first to buy as soon as its available.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Sorry for not getting the pics up yet. We have been in meetings most the week but I have the stock intake almost off and I will have the mounted pics up later today

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Bad news guys, we decided to scrap the project. It will need another protoype made and it's just alot of work so we are throwing the towel in

Sorry guys

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Your right...April fools, I forgot it was the April 1st or I would have prepared better.

So I finally had some time to do some install work, I now know why I hate working on a stock engine...too many damned vacuum, coolant and fuel lines.
So after removing a bunch, the ABS FFIM was installed. If you did not receive the email from me earlier about it, it's probably a good time to goto www.suprasport.com and on the lower left hand side of the webpage enter your email in the newsletter sign up spot. Than you are first on the list for updates and thats were the discounts will be!
Here is a pic, if you want more just click HERE

Let Me Know what you think so far!!!
DSC03491.JPG

Muzy

Oct 3, 2008
Alberta
I'm liken it, alot. As I think IJ asked earler about hood clearance. Just how
much is there from the top of th TB. Squish some clay. :icon_bigg muzy

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
One of the changes that we are doing is to move the flange back. We don't like the IAC where it was so we can move it back and we might be tipping it the flange 15 degrees. It was good to install it to see if our clearance was there or not, moving the IAC has cured the clearance issue and Greg has the new CAD almost done.
The cool part is the harness will still fit through the web opening, and it has plenty of room so it won't touch the strut tower...92nsx...

Tomorrow we will add the spots where the supports need to be and the rest of the goodies...this thing is awesome!

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
SupraSportJack;1286491 said:
It will work...just need to put a gte head on it:naughty:

Don't even need to do that. They have the same lower manifold piece. So this would fit an N/A no problem. Routing your airflow meter that is a different story for the N/A guys.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
SupraSportJack;1286485 said:
... and it has plenty of room so it won't touch the strut tower...92nsx...

Whoo..... because with it smaching against the shock tower ( like the POS I have) it dosent sound to good and can not be good on the intake or engine.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Obviously you already know the hood clearance issue but have you installed the alt bracket to see how it clears the TB? Also are the ports going to be anymore radiused then that? But looks good guys!

Seth

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
We had the bracket on but took it off because we will have a replacement drop down bracket there or the alt relocation bracket.
All the runners have a full radius, the only one that doesn't is the IAC port which will not be there in the next version. I think your used to seeing a heavy radius because most FFIM's go from a solid plate to a standard runner system. We did not have that limitation and all the internal runner radius's are the maximum they can be between each other. The runners are also contoured from the wall so there is no flat base that needs the heavy radius