ffim available in the near future?

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
i wonder if its going to replace to whole intake manifold or if it will bolt to lower intake? wasnt somebody else on this site working on a design for a cast manifold?

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Bolts directly to the intake manifold. It's a complete new part. All the runners have the EXACT same flow plus since we build the tooling and everything from scratch the runners are designed to increase flow as it gets closer to the head.
Cost...we are trying to keep it under $800, that will include all the hardware and I am working on getting the throttle body in that also, lots of numbers to crunch yet!

Doward, we are basically building a few molds that will include a soluble and the outside housing, casting isn't a huge issue for us, it's the investment in time and aluminum cost to build it.

I will be sending and posting on our site all the build pics of the tooling since we know alot of guys don't really know what goes into making a product like this.
The fastest way to get info on all our products is join the email list at SupraSport. Hopefully someday we will be able to be a sponsor on SM but until then all our new product releases are done through SS email...

So what do you guys think of the design, looks, don't worry about the litttle fitment issues they have been fixed already. We want to know if the general design is what everyone is looking for. We did NOT want to copy anyone and all our drawing and demensions are off my car and our mock up engine. The originals like Ron make an EXCELLENT product but we need to make something that can be replicated and with our touch

so tell us what you think so far!

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
We are going to have a Q45 or our TB which is the mustang pattern...I can't remember what the pattern is called off hand. It may be an additional plate that bolts to the face since our mock up is meant to fit up to a 90mm TB.

Our intake actually fits the same hieght as the one you showed, we also are not welders at all so everything on it is cast then machined. It will fit just like the rest of our products. Invest catsing is too expensive to screw up when designing. We make ALOT of templates and 3D print the part to issue exact fitment

supra_91

Sep 29, 2006
Peoria, Illinois
maybe i misunderstood but the way i took it was that his FFIM was the same height as the one shown on the MKIV? the one on the MKIV seemed to sit high like said earlier. if you could clear this up that would be great

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
The nice thing is it will be one piece...NO welds. Every part of this is completely modeled in the computer and than printed and installed before any tooling is ever cut. The end result is always Exactly waht we wanted it to be...now is the time for input.