!!F**K!! > block threads are no good/any suggestions?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
ok one thing though

before you go all gorilla knuckle and try to tap the iron block. It can be done. But under no circumstance should you use any leverage bars on it. That is the quickest way to break the tap in the block and then you are royally fucked.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
a helicoil should be fine, ive seen them used in high horsepower chevys on the main bearing caps without problems.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
slidebabyslide said:
Im just going to helicoil it. IJ did you mean helicoils in the same hole?

You can buy long helicoils but you'd need 2 in the same hole to give enough thread engagement, using 1 will mean more localised stress on that hole and "might" give a different clamping force for that hole.

Anything that affects head seal on a 7M has to be approached very carefully.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
slidebabyslide said:
Ok, so i was all happy and shit today , i got my arp's my toyota hg , my head from the machine shop and a good bj. So i started to do the job about 30 minutes ago around 9:15 pm pacific. I was about to torque them all down to 75. It was #11's turn to get to 75 and :runaway: :cry: :sadwavey: :umno: . It just turned and turned and turned. My Head bolt is ok, but my block threads are fucket, can i run the head missing one bolt? :biglaugh: . Can i skip the washer and just use the bolt by it's self?
I don't want to take my head off. Can i reuse my HG?:biglaugh:
Fuck what should i do?
( I did do several passes before i got to 75 )
(my threads were cleaned)
(this was my 4th hg job on a supra)

First off. Making a thread that shows "!!F**K!!" doesn't tell me anything or anyone else for that matter.:3d_frown: If you want a serious answer or even for someone to look at your thread at all, I would suggest to take the time you make a proper title.
For the second time for a modification to a thread title today.

On a side note: You could also heli coil it as many have mentioned.

Duane

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
I was mad and sad when it happen so i just posted F**k, i was ready to just give up. But the car has to much appeal on me. I just came back from napa and they told me that my helicoils would have been in today, but that they are not going to be here because they send them to the wrong store, 2 hours away.

Last edited: