Emilio's Rebuild & Improvement Build Thread

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Done and done. Timing belt and all front seals are fixed on the blue car. The main battery cable in the harness was broken in the white car, re-soldered and good to go now.

Both are working, but there are more issues to tackle (hopefully before the meet):
Wheels/tires on the White Car
White car has an exhaust Leak
Blue Car needs a transmission flush and the tranny cooler pipe is bent.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
I suppose for those who are reading this thread and don't know me in person, I should post some pictures of the "Blue Supra"...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I need more pictures of this car...

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
toyotanos;1698202 said:
I so freakin called it!

Yupper - I should have never doubted you! It's much better now, biggest wire I had was 10 gauge...it was stringy and limp 12 gauge for the big main wire off the positive, no wonder it broke. The one on now is not perfect, my soldering iron didn't quite get hot enough, so the connection isn't super fantastic, but compared to before, no contest.

After I finished off the timing belt and seals job, the cooling system was acting funny. It was a bad radiator cap, which is now replaced. The upper radiator pipe is a bit old and bulging though, so that needs to be taken care of. To make sure the car was running okay however, I went for a drive and took some pictures! (Since that's what build threads really should be about)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
The funny thing is that no amount of pictures will do that paint justice. Everyone will always think "Homo blue":nono: To think of the wonders they're missing is tragic

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
toyotanos;1698396 said:
The funny thing is that no amount of pictures will do that paint justice. Everyone will always think "Homo blue":nono: To think of the wonders they're missing is tragic

we're not missing anything, it's homo blue and I'm proud to have one...

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
RazoE;1698556 said:
we're not missing anything, it's homo blue and I'm proud to have one...

This car's paint isn't just regular homo blue - It's a really nice silver/blue with lots of flake in it, not a factory color. It's hard to tell unless you see it in person.

Also, I have another dull, pic-less update. I am changing the transmission fluid, as well as the fluid filter. Only have the pan left to attach.

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
:momaru::greddy::greddy::greddy::greddy::greddy::greddy::greddy::greddy::greddy::greddy::greddy::greddy2:

haha looks good though man :) hope to see you again at the meet!

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Only one small bit of news to report - got Rob's alternator installed and working great. Blue Supra needs an alignment and then other smaller items, but no bigger things to deal with.

I helped my Roommate Dan start working on his new Red Supra today, including picking up a red hood from Rob. I don't have a truck anymore, so we had to improvise a transportation strategy. I'll let the pictures do the talking:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
toyotanos;1700861 said:
OH SNAP! Look at your post count lmfao :rofl:

[SUB]Posts:1,337 LOLOL[/SUB]

And an awesome post too boot!

Last night seeing Dan and Emilio all excited over a new supra almost motivated me into thinking about continuing my build, then I remembered that I want a change in pace for once.
Not out of the scene completely, just something that has more value when I am done putting my time into it.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Good to see everything worked out, besides the flasher relay. you know it you blow that auto tranny or torque converter I have them also laying around ;)