Emergency Wheel fitment help!!

2turboZ

May 4, 2007
Buffalo NY
I can get an amazing once in a lifetime type deal on some CCW classics if I act quickly. I have searched for other MK3 members with them but did not find anything.

Here is the fitment

Front:

17 x 9.5 +38mm

Rear:

17 x 10.5 +20mm

I am stock suspensioned but plan on doing coil overs this year.

Please help.

Here are the wheels
wheels02.jpg

Last edited:

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
front will be fine. Rear is kinda aggressive and it will stick out probably. You will not be able to fit a big tire on it. for it to fit with in the fender you are going to have to stretch a tire.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
It can work.. I am personally running 17x10 +25 and I am running a stretched 245/40/17 tire. I am lowered more then most people on the forum and also have about -2* of camber. I can only manage to fit a 255 maybe 265 tire back there. If it were me I'd try but I dunno if you are going for the same style as me.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
those wont fit a stock body MKIV... let alone a stock body MK3.

the most wheel a stock body mkiv can fit is a 10" wide wheel with +44 offset and 285 tires. to run 295's, the fender lip has to be rolled flat.

you can fit more than a 10" wheel and more than 295's IF, and ONLY IF, you run a HIGHER offset, not a lower offset. the wheel has to move inboard. a +52mm is required to fit a 10.5" or 11" wide wheel with a 295 or wider tire on a stock body mkiv and a rolled fender lip.

theres NO way those rears would clear w/o issue unless your car is Lifted/stock ride height and never compressions the suspension more than 1.5".

however, the fronts will clear ;)

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
They can work. I was running 10+18 with a 235/40/18 and there was room to spare on the car. The car was decently low and running a stiff suspension, but it should still work on your car. You are going to need to stretch the tire though.

I'm guessing your getting these from Sasha?

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Get 'em, pull/roll the fenders as required to fit and be awesome.

Or PM me the number to call... ;)

2turboZ

May 4, 2007
Buffalo NY
Wiisass;887847 said:
They can work. I was running 10+18 with a 235/40/18 and there was room to spare on the car. The car was decently low and running a stiff suspension, but it should still work on your car. You are going to need to stretch the tire though.

I'm guessing your getting these from Sasha?

Actually through Bing if you know him. I decided to pass on the wheels as running a narrow tire will not help at all my HP plans regardless of the phenomenal pricing. I need to be smart about it and as much as I would love them, I need a decent enough tire to make use of 1-3 gears on the car :)