5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i'll stand by what i said earlier...

CF Stout Hood with WORKING vents, not just there for looks
CF Rear Diffuser
CF Sun Shade

Those are my suggestions on what i would like to see, i think if you were to do a GB on a CF Sun Shade it would do pretty good...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
rtrdpenguin;1082161 said:
Yeah, our hoods are amazingly light for how big they are. Our doors and hatch though...

Wrong. The hatch is really quite light. It's the glass that's heavy. ;)

And the door skins are extremely light. It's the guts that carry all the weight. Just ask Slow66. He has gutted doors at his house, and they probably weigh a total of 8-9lbs each.

So unless you're going to make carbon fiber hatch glass, (LOL), and carbon fiber side windows/regulators, etc.. (another LOL), then it's not worth it, in my opinion.

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
shaeff;1082571 said:
Wrong. The hatch is really quite light. It's the glass that's heavy. ;)

+1 on that note. I had to have 2 guys help me replace my hatch window and I'm no small guy. Also, have you ever had your only working actuator blow when your head was between the hatch and the jamb...ouch!:icon_evil

juan jz

Mar 21, 2008
Anaheim
I'm sorry I kind of forgot that they were making these, I don't know how it slipped my mind, GT Concept Hood (Duraflex), Carbon Creations GT Concept Hood (carbon fiber), Carbon Creations OEM Hood (caron fiber), there will be 3 different hoods made I'm not sure of actuall design, 2 in carbon fiber and one duraflex. Keep an eye out for those

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
lilazni3uoy;1082601 said:
go lift a mk4 hood and tell me which is lighter

lift or take completely off? Those hood struts supply a good amount of helping force.

Taking completly off and weight the hood is the only way to get a good weight.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Figgie, jesus man this is a suggestion thread not a place to bash and dissent against every friggin suggestion. Let the man keep his thread on topic. fuck :3d_frown:

My opinions ON TOPIC....
There is already a stout hood in CF...its called the stout hood, why exactly would we need another one? If you are going to do a hood at least do a different design. The one Tanya photoshopped had a TON of positive responces.

Also, you are dealing with the generally cheap ass mk3 crowd so small pieces that are reasonably priced will do best:

Window trims as discussed earlier
radio/AC bezel made without holes so it can be customized
passenger side dash vent made with angled gauge pods (like the HKS insert for the glove box only the vent instead, and LHD :naughty:)
top and bottom steering column covers?
front TEMS covers
plexi-windowed upper timing cover

Any CF love for the mk2 supra? :sarcasm:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
theWeezL;1083572 said:
Figgie, jesus man this is a suggestion thread not a place to bash and dissent against every friggin suggestion. Let the man keep his thread on topic. fuck :3d_frown:

**knuckle crack**

Nope. I don't roll that way. You want CF for looks. Fine. You want CF because chicks dig it.... more power to you.

You want CF because it weighs less than the same OEM part? You or whoever better have facts to substantiate those claims and no "I feel it heavier". Weight scales are cheap.

Speculation as to weight, does not fly here. You and the rest want to speculate on which weighs less and have a circle jerk while guessing... go to the other supra forums.

Here. If I don't call you on it, someone else will. Just that I cut the crap while I call you on it.

On that note.

SupraofDoom posted a company that carries the S2 stuff especially the CF doors. Has anyone actually stepped up to the plate and bought them or was it another one of those all talk, no walk threads?

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
adampecush;1081446 said:
sorry, but an engineering class presentation is not going to convince me of this.

If that isnt, I dont know what will. Granted that it did not have the audible portion that is also necessary, it uses credible sources and real world science.
figgie;1083606 said:
You or whoever better have facts to substantiate those claims and no "I feel it heavier". Weight scales are cheap.

IIRC its 50 lbs. Regardless, thats a heavy sumbitch to be taking off by yourself if you are a scrawny pathetic human like m'self; granted that most of it's difficulty is due to sheer size.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2003
Canada
lilazni3uoy;1082601 said:
go lift a mk4 hood and tell me which is lighter

figgie;1083455 said:
lift or take completely off? Those hood struts supply a good amount of helping force.

Taking completly off and weight the hood is the only way to get a good weight.

Facts: Weighed on digital scale.

MKIV OEM hood is 23 pounds without foam, 28 pounds with.
MKIV CF hood (TS1 style) is 23.5 pounds

There are VERY few after market hoods that are lighter than stock for the MKIV. Modellista makes one and the real Top Secret CF is another.

MKIII OEM hood weighs 47 pounds
MKIII CF hood (CFX) weighs 14 pounds

CF targa is more more than it's worth IMO. I thought about making it but nobody would pay for it. I personally would not do it unless it was a full blow race car aka not driven on the street. It is a structural part of the car.

Duane

Status
Not open for further replies.