ebay recirculated DDP - fitment and specs?

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Ric said:
These silly arguments of who made it or where it's from got to stop. If it's a MK3 or 1JZ product on ebay or a 3rd party performance shop (one that doesn't make anything inhouse), Zhoushan Racing made it.

His ebay products are lower quality, yes that is true. Products he makes for inhouse companys like Boost Logic are alot higher quality.

Listen guys. Theres only 2 companys in the world that mass produce automotive turbo parts (turbo manifolds, downpipes, intakes, intercoolers, pipe kits). 90% Chance it was made by Zhoushan Racing Autoparts. The other company is SS Autochrome.

Even Precision Industries has their intercoolers made by Zhoushan.

The point is.. It doesn't matter where it's made. It all depends on the quality level that was paid for in production.

Thats right...everything now is made everywhere and in every country.
As long as it functions well, a quality product and cheaper, then its a go.

Everyone is out to make money. You just have decide where you want to buy it from and go buy it. Simple!!!

And I think the downpipe from some ebay sellers are good.Just make sure the fitment is good and welds are strong. And for those who bought downpipes from ebay, ask them if their downpipes fucked up yet?

I dont think so....

Cheers,
Roy

LordLo

Jun 20, 2006
OR
Exhaust pipes are exhaust pipes. eBay is fine.

Now if your talking about buying eBay engine parts for a high power build... :nono:

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
The original question wasn't where they came from. Rather, if they fit. The real reason for asking the question was that the ebay sellers charge like $73 bucks to ship it and do not accept returns.

I am much happier that I found it through a reputable seller.

tte

Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
dugums said:
The original question wasn't where they came from. Rather, if they fit. The real reason for asking the question was that the ebay sellers charge like $73 bucks to ship it and do not accept returns.

I am much happier that I found it through a reputable seller.

Yeah...some do that..they lower the price of the product and get it back by overcharging on shipping.

But anyway look at their ratings and read the feedback comments.Also read their policy on returns. If you are not sure, email them.

I have bought some stuff from ebay and never had a problem.

Cheers,
Roy

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I didn't find any of them "reputable" IMO. Despite many of them having a 100% feedback - not allowing returns is a deal breaker to me.

Also, I understand what is going on with the shipping charge. The problem is, if you pay an inflated shipping charge and then return something (if the seller allowed) you're out the larger shipping charge.

Last edited:

boosting185

Feb 27, 2007
New York
to tell you the truth i dont care how much i spend with BIC on his DDP..he is a good guy to deal with and i rather support someone who prove numbers and support the supra community..

tte

Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Well then do your research and buy a product which you do not have to return. That way you do not have to worry about the return costs..

It is always good to support vendors in our community. But when you are on a budget and
can find a good product elsewhere cheaper why not? Or would u rather break your budget,
give your money to someone else than buy a cheaper functional product and save the rest of the money for your needs ?

Cheers,
Roy

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
tte said:
Well then do your research and buy a product which you do not have to return. That way you do not have to worry about the return costs..

Cheers,
Roy

Nice, what do you think I was doing?

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
3p141592654 said:
Its looks very similar to the Truspeed downpipe that was sold 2 years ago (with the addition of the DDP function). The Truspeed pipe needed a bolt hole modification (the seller was upfront about it) and the flanges machined flat before it could be used, but mine in the end fits fine.

What is that braided cable that's right above the DP? Does it sit too close??

Attachments

• DP.JPG
    DP.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 165

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
Hello all, the reason why i'm all over this thread is, i'm looking for a DDP-R pipe also.....So I like how this one looks etc.
So I was showing my buddy Matt the ebay link from this thread: 150134213832 & he at the same time sent me this one to look at: 110143397947 ????

Looks like the same seller, different feedback numbers?? Am I missing something here??

Thanks.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
You should buy it from 935 motorsports - they are a forum sponsor and will be much better to deal with than any ebay seller.

Ebay sellers have about $50 of profit built into their shipping charges, so when all is said and done, buying from 935 is no more expensive. They even helped me out and shipped it directly to my coater!

https://935motorsports.com/catalog/p...oducts_id=1435

Ends up being the same price as on eBay after including shipping.

eBay = 249.99+73.00
935 = 299.99 + $23.45

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
This was already stated and here are the reasons that I was looking at the other one:

dugums said:
The bic is also attractive as he has the options for coating, wideband bung, recirculation, etc. The only problem is with all the options I want it's $629 shipped.

This one would be $249 (already recirculated and has flex section) I think I can get the wideband bung and coating for about $115. Add $70 for shipping and it's $434.

As it turns out, there is already a wideband bung on the 935(/ebay) dp. It is also SS instead of mild steel. No offense at all to Randy, I think his products are great. If I wanted an open DDP, I would have certainly ordered from BIC.

With the options I wanted, it turned out to be about $200 cheaper (coating, flex section, recirculation, wideband bung). I guess I'll see if I made the right choice when it gets here.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
as always, we have fully done up Recirculated DDP's for sale at raptor racing for around 500 cdn. Coated, flex section, wideband bung, etc, etc...
If anyone reading this thread wants one for a good price, and fully stainless, hit me up with a pm.