ebay recirculated DDP - fitment and specs?

Sar-Supra

Powertrippin´
Aug 28, 2006
Currently in NY
Judging from the pictures it´s great! I was also thinking about getting one of these. The welding seems to be perfect. Can´t tell you, however, if it proves to be heat-resistant.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Sar-Supra said:
Judging from the pictures it´s great! I was also thinking about getting one of these. The welding seems to be perfect. Can´t tell you, however, if it proves to be heat-resistant.

Unfortunately, all there is to go on is the picture - which there is no way of judging size or fitment. I was planning on getting mine coated.

The bic is also attractive as he has the options for coating, wideband bung, recirculation, etc. The only problem is with all the options I want it's $629 shipped.

This one would be $249 (already recirculated and has flex section) I think I can get the wideband bung and coating for about $115. Add $70 for shipping and it's $434.

I just hope somebody here has used it and give us some feedback!

Sar-Supra

Powertrippin´
Aug 28, 2006
Currently in NY
speed dodici said:
you're judging fitment based on pictures??

I have to admit, this was a mistake. I was thinking about the welding all the time. Nevertheless, I strongly doubt that these won´t fit or badly. Why should someone produce such DDPs w/o proper fitment?

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
A question related to the BIC recirc DDP (as I will probably end up getting it if nobody has experience with this one):

I found this picture on BIC's site:
ddp_reroute.jpg

Does anybody know if this is the recirculation path used? If so, the ebay recirc DDP seems to introduce the wastegate flow further down the exhaust path at a better angle.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Looks like the one Zoonwen sells....

There was a LOT of controversy surrounding these when he first had them made in China as people thought he was stealing BIC's IP, my thoughts are the DDP concept existed long before Randy made his and someone was bound to do this...

(I have been in the exact same position many times over the years so tend to be philosophical about it these days)

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Sar-Supra said:
Wait a second - isn´t the recirculation included? I can´t see any kind of option concerning recirculation. Or am I getting something wrong? :confused:

If you order a BIC DDP, you have to pay $52 for the recirc option.

The recirculation is included in the Ebay pipe.

Sar-Supra

Powertrippin´
Aug 28, 2006
Currently in NY
dugums said:
If you order a BIC DDP, you have to pay $52 for the recirc option.

The recirculation is included in the Ebay pipe.

I mixed it up. :icon_conf:

AND AGAIN, judging from the pictures I think it´s a great DDP and a definite GO.

If the DDP is still available in approx. 3 weeks I´m gonna get one for me.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
IJ. said:
Looks like the one Zoonwen sells....

There was a LOT of controversy surrounding these when he first had them made in China as people thought he was stealing BIC's IP, my thoughts are the DDP concept existed long before Randy made his and someone was bound to do this...

(I have been in the exact same position many times over the years so tend to be philosophical about it these days)

A DDP is not a new idea. If BIC's idea is a true original with something unique about it's design, getting a patent is the way to protect yourself.

What I DO know is that BIC's merchandise is proven to fit and perform by members on this forum. That, to me is the most important factor.

If somebody chimes in and says this ebay pipe works well, I may have to consider it. It appears to offer a bit more in fit and finish for less money.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Dugums: A patent is costly and in the long run useless as it's easily bypassed by a 10>15% change in the design/spec (as I said been in that position many times over the years and there's easily a 15% difference in Zoon's pipes)

Also good luck trying to enforce the patent rights in China ;)

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
IJ. said:
Dugums: A patent is costly and in the long run useless as it's easily bypassed by a 10>15% change in the design/spec (as I said been in that position many times over the years and there's easily a 15% difference in Zoon's pipes)

Also good luck trying to enforce the patent rights in China ;)

I'm not saying that it is cheap or effective - it's just all that you can do!

As I said, BIC does have a leg up in that I already KNOW his products to be good. That said they are 50% more expensive, and I would just like to see if anybody has had a good (or bad) experience with the other option.

I do agree that the design seems to be exactly like ZW's.

Dominus1222

Jan 21, 2007
White Plains, N.Y.
My DDp on my car looks almost identical to that one i picked it up from Doward on the forum and he said it was a zw ddp. As for the fitment it fit pretty good with out rubbing or anything the only thing was that the bottom left nut was a bitch to get on. hope this helps you out.

bokyo1

Mar 8, 2007
texas
does anyone know when zw will get anymore downpipes. i have been checking his website, and its been on back order for almost 2 months now.

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
he gets big shipments in every few months.. took about 2 1/2 months to get mine but well worth the wait. (as i was currently doing my build so time wasnt an issue.)

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Its looks very similar to the Truspeed downpipe that was sold 2 years ago (with the addition of the DDP function). The Truspeed pipe needed a bolt hole modification (the seller was upfront about it) and the flanges machined flat before it could be used, but mine in the end fits fine.

Attachments

• IMG_3601x.JPG
    IMG_3601x.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 213

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
These silly arguments of who made it or where it's from got to stop. If it's a MK3 or 1JZ product on ebay or a 3rd party performance shop (one that doesn't make anything inhouse), Zhoushan Racing made it.

His ebay products are lower quality, yes that is true. Products he makes for inhouse companys like Boost Logic are alot higher quality.

Listen guys. Theres only 2 companys in the world that mass produce automotive turbo parts (turbo manifolds, downpipes, intakes, intercoolers, pipe kits). 90% Chance it was made by Zhoushan Racing Autoparts. The other company is SS Autochrome.

Even Precision Industries has their intercoolers made by Zhoushan.

The point is.. It doesn't matter where it's made. It all depends on the quality level that was paid for in production.

Last edited: