ebay recirculated DDP - fitment and specs?

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
well frankly i think the first "problem" with that ddp is where the wideband bung was placed...its simply not far enough down the exhaust stream. most WB companies tell you it should be approximately 18 inches down the exhaust stream. which that obviously isnt. i dont think its a HUGE deal but personally i would not want it there simply because i like following directions from manufacturers. ;)

other then that it looks pretty good...and as for the nut everyone is "complaining" about...MOST aftermarket DPs have somewhat of a problem with that nut, and ALL DDPs have a slightly bigger problem with that nut because of the extra piping. So its not "this model" specific.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
dugums said:
They will coat it in base 1300 sterling for $70, 1700 extreme sterling for $120, and JET HOT 2000 for $150.

The extreme is probably suitable, but I do things a little overkill. As the temp rating goes up, the finish gets more gritty/less shiny.

The 1700 is pretty much the same as most chrome ceramic "2000" I have seen. Keep in mind that temperature rating is only a guide as to "peak" temperature, not constant.

I do a ceramic chrome for $25 a foot for piping up to 3" dia...both the inside and outside are coated. It's a mil-spec coating rated at 2000 deg...it does change to a titanium gray on exhaust parts (manifolds, turbine housings, downpipes, etc). However, it will never chip or flake below it's rated temperature. The guys that's had it done are quite pleased with it ;)

nokills

Apr 9, 2007
maryland
theprodigy79 said:
How is it now that you have it on? Sound? Performance difference? If you went back in time, would you buy one again?

Its good, especially for the price. The first time I drove the car with it on the sound scared me, i thought i had a huge exhaust leak:biglaugh:. I cant tell if the car feels any stronger since i put it on, mainly because my car was bogging horrible before and after i put the ddp on. I advanced my timing 5 degree and now the car drive smoother. One thing I can say is that the car runs richer since the day I put the DP and change the manifold gasket. The zt-2 wideband reads as low as 9.80 at WOT. I dont think that has anything to do with the DP tho.

I also had another o2 bung welded lower down the DP after the flex pipe, the one that came already welded on is too close to the turbo.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
theprodigy79 said:
Damn, we need to get someone to buy both a BIC and the ZW and do a direct comparison on the same car!!! Hell, I'd chip in for that!

If somebody wants to send me one, I will be doing some dyno tuning soon. It would be easy enough to switch them and get some hp and db readings.

van1684

Apr 19, 2005
chicago
dugums said:
Is yours a recirculated DDP? Because that would probably be the one worth comparing.

no it's not. but i'd like to try this one out too. i'd like to see the potential difference between recirculated and non recirculated.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Well, I don't mind trying to set up the comparison. If you are going to do any tuning, I can get you my DP, otherwise, I'll be ready soon.

I'd really like to get a BIC recirculated DDP as he doesn't have numbers for that one yet and it was the other DP I was thinking about getting. It would be really nice to have both for comparison, but I don't know if that's possible. It will probably cost me another couple bucks for the extra dyno time and changing out the DP's (unless they can get my tuning done pretty quickly).

I'll let everybody know my initial impressions when I get this one on, and update as to when I will be going to the dyno.

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
dugums said:
Well, I got the DP today. I won't be able to comment on fit yet, as I won't be installing it for about a week.

682kpht.jpg
Any update on the fittment?

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Supra469 said:
Any update on the fittment?

Ha - 1 dugums week = standard calendar month.

Sorry, haven't been working on it yet... I will definitely post here as soon as I get it on.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
I think the only thing id be worried about with the ebay DP is the flex section. Ive seen too many instances with crappy flex pipes collapsing on the inside. These were setups on turbo hondas. The 3" flex would look normal on the outside but once you take a look inside the pipe, it would be a tiny little 1 1/2" hole.

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
RedEj8 said:
I think the only thing id be worried about with the ebay DP is the flex section. Ive seen too many instances with crappy flex pipes collapsing on the inside. These were setups on turbo hondas. The 3" flex would look normal on the outside but once you take a look inside the pipe, it would be a tiny little 1 1/2" hole.

Geez. There's just no winning with this, huh.

I wonder if the 935 DP would be questionable as well????

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Supra469 said:
Geez. There's just no winning with this, huh.

I wonder if the 935 DP would be questionable as well????

I don't know what the guy above you is talking about.

Everything appears to be really nice -- I haven't mounted it yet, but everything about the pipe is top notch.

The 935 pipe is likely identical to the ebay pipe (same people make all of these).

The poster above you shouldn't be saying anything unless he has experience with this specific pipe.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
dugums said:
I don't know what the guy above you is talking about.

Everything appears to be really nice -- I haven't mounted it yet, but everything about the pipe is top notch.

The 935 pipe is likely identical to the ebay pipe (same people make all of these).

The poster above you shouldn't be saying anything unless he has experience with this specific pipe.
I dont know if you were talking about me but i did not say anything about this pipe in particular... I was just stating something that has happened to me and one of my friends with a shitty flex pipe(from ebay)..I havnt seen inside pics of the said flex section so i dont know what the quality is.