Ebay Full Silicone Hose Kit

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Well, Cyrus? Did you get yours?
Mine came today, and The quality looks about as good as any silicone hose I've ever had. Weird thing is- they all say 'Samco Sport'.
Apparently, Samco is now based in China- LOL!
I googled Samco to see exactly where they are made, and what pops up as the first result for the homepage, is "SamcoSport, Inc. - Beware of imitations!". Too late, lol.
They may not be real Samco, but they do look sturdy:

p1841554_1.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1841554_2.jpg

So, the 'finish' is good, but It'll be a while till I can verify 'fit'.

Cyrus

Apr 21, 2008
Bay Area, CA
no, mine hasn't arrived yet. i guess atlanta is closer to china than san francisco is! :3d_frown:

emailed the seller this morning because I hadn't heard from him last week that my stuff had shipped. got a very prompt reply. turned out, he shipped it but forgot to send me the tracking info because it wasnt automated due to some changes i asked him to make to my order.

anyway, mine is at customs in San Francisco now. hopefully it'll be here soon! then i can measure the hoses and buy all the t-bolt clamps im gonna need. I'll make a list and post it here for future reference. also, ill probably mock fit a few hoses the day i receive them, so i'll report back on that in the next few days.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
AFAIK, it's a coolant hose kit. Available at Driftmotion. The eBay kit includes more stuff, like the PCV hoses, Bypass valve hoses, ISC hoses, and that drain hose from the valve cover to the block (Wait, that one looks like it's in the Gates hose set, too) all of the formed heater hoses, and some that I haven't identified.

And... Well, I opted for the eBay Mafia blue. I guess in the end, I've gotta have some rice as a side-dish. :p

The Gates hoses are known good, and I guess that I'm taking something of a risk, but with the material testing that I've done, I'm fairly confident in it, provided that things fit the way I want.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Canuckrz;1841629 said:
Somewhat dissapointed they're marketed as knockoffs, though from your guy's pictures they look to be fairly well made.
Agreed. I don't see why they feel that they have to make a counterfeit set, but whateva- Now i'll look like i ponied up bigtime chedda.(What'd I just say?)
I saw 2 types of wormgear clamps that can work with silicone; one has the drive serrations only on the outside of the band, and another has an inner shield that has 2 bead rings to positively seal the hose. I'll probably go with these for the smaller diameter hoses. I also prefer the dual bead style, because the edges are flanged outward, so that they don't cut into the hose, either.

ABA_32-44_02_14090.jpg

Dual-Bead-Hose-Clamp-2T.jpg

Cyrus

Apr 21, 2008
Bay Area, CA
looks like I am now the proud owner of a (faux)Samco silicone hose kit, too!

visual quality looks the same as what everyone else got so i wont bother commenting on that.

had my turbo and my afm + intake sitting on the work bench, so I did a very quick test fit. if the fitment quality of the accordion hose is an indicator of the overall quality of these hoses, then i am happy as can be. everything fit PERFECTLY, which, in my estimation, means it is difficult to put pieces together or take them apart, but not impossible. The hoses need to stretch/flex a little bit to slide over the turbo inlet or the AFM outlet, and the metal cylinders that the hoses for the BOV, PCV, etc hook up to have to be pushed in with some force: they dont slide in or out easily. I was able to assemble everything by hand, no pliers or presses needed, and no need to heat the hose or any of that crap. so again, i say perfect fitment for the accordion hose. couple of pics:

2 pieces next to each other:
AZyHo.jpg

attachments:
2UzDF.jpg
mt5QU.jpg

connected up to afm and turbo:
NyzkY.jpg

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Did you get the full 26pc kit Cyrus or one of the smaller kits? Curious if the full kits come with the molded hoses that splinter off of the accordion.

Cyrus

Apr 21, 2008
Bay Area, CA
i got the 21 piece kit, which is everything except the intercooler piping. i believe there will indeed be pieces that connect to the accordion, i just didnt bother to sort them yet and include them in my quick test fit.

Cyrus

Apr 21, 2008
Bay Area, CA
havent had a chance to install most of these, but i did get them all measured. below are all the outer diameters, as accurately as i could manage. each hose's wall thickness is about .15 inches.

here's a list, along with some pictures:
*= OD was different on each end

*1) 1.02 / 2.0
2) 1.21
3) 1
4) .63
5) .67
*6) 1 / .86
7) .68
8) 1.65
9) .74
10) 1.0
11) 1.1
12) 1.06
13) 1.0
14) .95
15) .7
16) 3.12
17) 1
18) 1.1
19) 1
20) .96
21) 1.65
*22) 3.5 / 3.15

obviously it is difficult to get a very exact measurement because the hose flexes with the calipers on, and the ends aren't perfectly circular. these figures should be fairly close and can give you an idea of what hose clamps you'll need. the only clamps i am re-using from my stock hoses are spring clamps, like those that are on all of the hoses connected to the accordion hose.

here's a couple pictures to match the #'s above to specific hoses:
pjvyf.jpg
Qf1LD.jpg

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I assume those are the uninstalled OD's for the tubes Cyrus? Do you expect them to stretch much once they are installed? I remember hearing with the mishimoto silicone hoses that they have to be stretched to a fair degree to get them over the outlets therefore increasing the actual OD the clamp is going to have to go over.

Cyrus

Apr 21, 2008
Bay Area, CA
what kind of updates are you looking for?

also, canuckrz, they do stretch a little, but not much. mostly, they are well sized to fit snugly but not be impossible to get on and off. i did have a few extra hoses due to changing up my pcv setup, and i ended up not using the accordion hose because of a conflict with my intercooler hard pipes (my BOV is in a terrible spot :() but the hoses have been great. they seem to be fine thus far, but ill report back if i notice any change in their condition.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
Cyrus;1864327 said:

also, canuckrz, they do stretch a little, but not much. mostly, they are well sized to fit snugly but not be impossible to get on and off. i did have a few extra hoses due to changing up my pcv setup, and i ended up not using the accordion hose because of a conflict with my intercooler hard pipes (my BOV is in a terrible spot :() but the hoses have been great. they seem to be fine thus far, but ill report back if i notice any change in their condition.

That was my question, how is everyone's holding up etc. I'm glad that everything is working out tho I think I might jump on the band wagon :D

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Cyrus;1864327 said:

Willing to sell just the accordian hose?