Ebay 67 trim CT-26... LOL

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Okay, we've discussed this before on here, it's junk. So I figured I'd inform the seller. :evil2:

It turned out to be quite an interesting conversation. It went like this:

Me:

This upgrade you have been trying to sell forever now will not work on a small CT-26 turbo. Hell, a 60-1 is pushing the physical limitations of the CT-26 and they don't even last that long. That's why you aren't able to sell this item, it's usless in short. Plus, the compressor housings that you picture are different from each other, one's for a supra, the other's for an MR-2.

Hope this helps you out man, it's only a pretty looking paperweight.

Him:

Look at our feedback we have sold hundreds of them with all positive feedback. So in that respect the are working very well. I agree it is probably too large but some people think bigger is better. Good luck in your quest to pick out what you think are mistakes in peoples auctions.

Me:

And the quest continues...

You do know that the feedback you've left is only when they get the compressor in the mail right? Ha, most of the people ordering these don't even know how to assemble it to make it work, let alone have the sense to ship it out to a turbo company to be properly balanced.

I must have deleted the next one by accident, but it went almost exactly like this:

"Oh, I see how it is, you're trying to make the product look like crap so you can get it for cheap. Tell you what, I'll sell it to you for $200.00 +shipping. How's that for customer service?"

Me:

I'm sorry, but you are misunderstanding me here.

I don't want the compressor housing or the wheel, it's too big for the relatively small shaft on the CT-26 to handle for any amount of time to deem worth putting it on.

The turbo would eat itself alive shortly after anything above stock boost regulated from the wastegate, and just running stock boost turbo life will be cut down from this large wheel.

I wasn't trying to get a cheapper product from you. I noticed on your sales pitch that you aquired these larger compressor wheels fitted into a CT-26 compressor housing from another company that went under. They must have been the ones that came up with the crazy idea that anything above a 57 trim for a CT-26 would be awesome, however, for only a few full boost pulls, the the turbo eats itself.

Not trying to bash you man, I'm bashing the person who came up with the crazy idea of trying to make something work that just will not...

Him:

Alright Alright man you really drive a hard bargain I tell you what $175.00 shipped that is the best I can do your killin me man.

Me:

Okay, let me make it a little more clear for you then.... I DON'T WANT YOUR PRODUCT.

I was just informing you that the product you are selling is giving people serious problems after it has been properly put together and installed due to a design flaw in it, being that it's just too damn big for the stock shaft in the CT-26.

And finally, his last reply, I haven't replied to this one yet :evil2:

I don't care what you say I cannot go lower than that price. However I do have some larger upgrades with a 85mm wheel I am saving for the more advanced enthusiasts like yourself. I will sell you one for the same $175.00 no that is a bargain.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I think instead of killing you with kindness,, he was trying to kill you with stupidity. I think he knows you were speaking the truth, he just doesn't want to admit it. That way he can continue to sell his product. Good looking out though Chris.

When will you have it installed?

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
:thefinger

I sent a reply finally to the last one:

: I'm not buying anything. Just informing you about a product you sell. Do you comprehend?

Here's his.... Smartass :biglaugh:

I am happy we have come to an agreement. Please send payment to turbos_r_us@verizon.net. I usually use UPS for shipping but if you prefer I will send USPS as long as it is a confirmed address.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
My last reply:

Good thing we have come upon an agreement. Don't hold your breath.

Have a nice day! May you sell many paperweights!

Oh, BTW, the supra comunity now knows about our little conversation. Maybe you'll get more business now eh?

Ric: Should be here in a week or so, I'll send it your way when I get it, you need the awesomness power of the 67 trim more than I do :biglaugh:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
His reply:

I have but one question for you. What makes you an expert ?

Mine:

Please point out to me where I claimed to be an expert. It's not just a 67 trim, even a smaller 60-1 doesn't last long. It has been proven time and again from many peoples, including my own, experience with using upgraded CT-26's (my cousin's supra on this one, but I was the one that discovered it to be an upgraded one, too bad it chewed itself up before He bought it). Nothing over a 57 trim lasts long because the shaft of the CT-26 isn't larger enough to handle the rotating mass of the larger wheel spinning at over 100K RPMs.
Care to do a little reading? www.mkiiitech.com www.supramania.com www.supraforums.com
All you need to know about the limitations of a CT-26 are displayed in those forums, coming directly from many people who have discovered through trial and error, what works, and what doesn't. More references to CT-26 upgrade rebuilds would be www.mdcmotorsports.com and www.driftmotion.com Those two places are CT-26 savy

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
MDCmotorsports said:
I just built one of these for a guy too. Mr. Roberson you're being paged....

Are you talking about the 67 trim or the 60-1?

What are you're thoughts on the 67 trim upgrade being offered on ebay?

Or was you just joking and I didn't see the sarcasm? :sarcasm:

Last edited:

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
If he sells it cheap enough, buy it and try it. and thats if you have the money to play around with.

Just to see how it performs.

Cheers,
Roy