e-brake shoes

tErbo b00st

Hard Ass
Mar 20, 2007
Iowa City, IA
www.kougakuracing.com
i searched and read a bunch of threads but I just want to make sure some new information hasn't come up that I have missed.

I drift...and therefore need a good e-brake. My shoes are gone and I need replacements. Am I stuck with shitty auto part store (or dealershit) shoes, or is there a performance option?

Does the supra share the same shoes with any other platform?

Thanks

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
Being somewhat in your boat - just needing to replace the shoes - I can tell you this. There are no aftermarket options for the stock ebrake shoes. Had to go to toyota and they were 100$ for all 4 shoes approximately.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
fonz87;1249301 said:
using e-brakes in drifting are amateurs

I wouldnt say that.It's one of many skill's out there used by PRO's.The only reson you think it's for amateurs is because it's the e-zest and because it's the first thing everyone dose to make a car go's sideways.But a lot of pro's use it befor entering a turn and it is a good skill.

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
MK3.0dudeman;1249633 said:
Thats +2.Dose any one esle want to add to this?

sure, its widely used to initiate and adjust mid-drift by many pro's however , what's weak sauce is just ripping the E-Brake and leaving it up until the drift is over :3d_frown: fwd's can do that

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
^^For people who can't read the first time.

MK3.0dudeman;1249624 said:
The only reson you think it's for amateurs is because it's the e-zest and because it's the first thing everyone dose to make a car go's sideways.But a lot of pro's use it befor entering a turn and it is a good skill.

Yea guys I'm in a ass hole kind of mod but I'm still right

Zapp

Dec 6, 2008
Chicago
boosted1jz;1249884 said:
junk yard, $10 and im sure you can find a few sets that have decent pads left....

Are there any other cars that use the same shoes as the supra's? Just to make them a little easier to locate in a junkyard

cmdeoro

VRROOOMMM!!!!!!.....PSSH!
Jan 21, 2009
Miami
Who needs an E-Brake. Just adjust them a bit tighter and keep on chucking....lol. J/K. I wouldnt suggest getting them in a junkyard though.