Driving unlawfully. How old are you?

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
I am 25 and i still cant seem to drive like a normal person. I would love to drive like a normal person but it never seems to work out, i like having fun!

I do my best to make sure others are not in harms way though.

How old are you and how do you drive?

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I take wayyy too much pride in my driving record, so I tend to take it easy most of the time, unless there are no other cars around, and I'm familiar with the road and all the places a cop can hide. I do know all the local roads very well though, and most of them have no place for cops to hide, so I save all the fun for those roads. Works for me, I'm 28 and have never been in an accident, and only have one speeding ticket from 10 years ago.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
san supra;1753132 said:
I am 25 and i still cant seem to drive like a normal person. I would love to drive like a normal person but it never seems to work out, i like having fun!

I do my best to make sure others are not in harms way though.

How old are you and how do you drive?

I'm 78 years old and I drive like an asshole. I've failed nearly every vision test I've ever taken and somehow they still issue me a license. I drive on the yellow line, do 15 mph under the speed limit in the fast lane and run bikers off the road. Yesterday, I felt like driving northbound in the southbound lane on I-84. I have a perfect driving record.

92ma71

Jun 13, 2011
Fairbanks, AK
Im 22. Ive had two tickets and they were both when I was 17. I had a 95s14 that was bright red and the cops loved it. For me, Its all about the vehicle that im driving. Whenever I get in my jeep, I just chill drive the speed limit. But there is something about being in the supra and hauling ass. Its an amazing feeling.

Talbot690

Feb 3, 2010
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
im 23 had my licenese since i was 16 got pulled over for speeding every summer but i talked my way outta most of my tickets with lame ass excuses but it doesnt matter if i was driving either of the supras ive owned or my solara or silverado i drive it like i stole it never been in an actual race but i still drive like im qualifying for a nascar race

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
I'm 17 I've been pulled over once for speeding but it was @ 2 in the morning and I was just tired and rushing home to get some sleep. never act to foolish while other people are around me.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
I drive like a grandma. That way the few times I do hit boost I get a super boner.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
My solution is simple... put the kids in the back seat, put the roof in the hatch, and I find I'm cruising slower than the speed limit. The bonus is I have lots more time to stare at the pretty ladies walking on the sidewalk. I haven't had a ticket in a *long* time... more than a decade. If I had to guess, I'd say 16 years... I vaguely recall getting a speeding ticket when I started dating my wife, and that was due to a faulty speedo.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
CTsupra;1753155 said:
I'm 78 years old and I drive like an asshole. I've failed nearly every vision test I've ever taken and somehow they still issue me a license. I drive on the yellow line, do 15 mph under the speed limit in the fast lane and run bikers off the road. Yesterday, I felt like driving northbound in the southbound lane on I-84. I have a perfect driving record.
Man, you might be older than Toyota itself! That is awesome... :p

GrimJack;1753540 said:
My solution is simple... put the kids in the back seat, put the roof in the hatch, and I find I'm cruising slower than the speed limit. The bonus is I have lots more time to stare at the pretty ladies walking on the sidewalk. I haven't had a ticket in a *long* time... more than a decade. If I had to guess, I'd say 16 years... I vaguely recall getting a speeding ticket when I started dating my wife, and that was due to a faulty speedo.

Good idea. Targa off cruising, it's easier to obey traffic laws, car wobbles a bit more, and the wind gets worse the faster you go, so... Plus, my speedo is broken, so I tend to drive on the slow side, I suspect. At least compared to the traffic in general I do, but I suspect people here tend to keep 5-10 over most everywhere around here, so it just makes ME feel slow. No worries though. I've learned to take it easy. Money saved on insurance and tickets goes a long way toward fun modifications. ;)

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I'm 25 and I drive like a grandma. I don't speed and I signal to change lanes too (which is quite an achievement in Calgary)!

I used to drive like an asshat, cruise the highway at 90mph without thinking twice and pass everything. For some reason, after I took a racing course, I mellowed out and didn't give a shit about being at the front anymore.

I suppose I learned that I can, so I do not need to anymore.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
I drive the speed limit...listen to NPR...and enjoy the car. Why speed? If I want to go fast I go to a autox day or track day at the speedway.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Keros;1753666 said:
For some reason, after I took a racing course, I mellowed out...

I still say this should be mandatory for driver education. Look at how Finland treats driver education. I promise you, their CHILDREN are at least as good of driver as most any one of us on here. Why? Because they teach them car control (what causes a loss of control, as well as how to regain said control), not just driving rules. I only wish I would have had the opportunity to take a class like that when I was younger. Always had good reactions, just not proper training, which could very well have saved my ass the few times things went bad in a hurry...

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Im 21 and Drive normal in my supra, get on it here and there like any other person in a fast car, just dont give my Girlfriend the keys, we'll be doing 2nd gear burnouts up the on ramp.............

steveyblack

Jun 21, 2007
Nj
20 y.o and I drive normally for a NJ driver. Dont really speed but if I see a nice stretch of road that im familiar with I will open her up. 2 tickets a fewmonths ago, exhaust and for expired registration( ticketed 4/1 and my reg expired the last day of march).

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

20 y.o and I drive normally for a NJ driver. Dont really speed but if I see a nice stretch of road that im familiar with I will open her up. 2 tickets 3 months ago, exhaust and for expired registration( ticketed 4/1 and my reg expired the last day of march).

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I'm 20, I'm very cautious as the town cops around here have a bad reputation as do the drivers. Though when I get a (reasonably) legal chance to mash the pedal I usually take it. I find driving the supra if anything makes me drive slower on the highway because I'm close to 3k at around 110kmph.

Talbot690;1753308 said:
im 23 had my licenese since i was 16 got pulled over for speeding every summer but i talked my way outta most of my tickets with lame ass excuses but it doesnt matter if i was driving either of the supras ive owned or my solara or silverado i drive it like i stole it never been in an actual race but i still drive like im qualifying for a nascar race

You only drive fast on left hand turns?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I'm 24 and drive like a grandma most the time. My girlfriend gets annoyed. She says I'm "like one of those people with a fast car that drives all slow and never enjoys it." lol. I've got a perfect driving record and my insurance is Super cheap for full coverage.

I drive fast sporadically, but only when there isn't any traffic or neighborhoods around. Worst I want to ever endanger is myself and whatever unlucky wildlife might jump the highway.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
trucker;1754046 said:
I drive like my job depends on keeping a clean record.
Err... I see what you did there. :p

suprarx7nut;1754147 said:
I'm 24 and drive like a grandma most the time. My girlfriend gets annoyed. She says I'm "like one of those people with a fast car that drives all slow and never enjoys it." lol. I've got a perfect driving record and my insurance is Super cheap for full coverage.

I drive fast sporadically, but only when there isn't any traffic or neighborhoods around. Worst I want to ever endanger is myself and whatever unlucky wildlife might jump the highway.

My old lady is the same way. Doesn't really get annoyed, but she shares the same opinion of people in fast cars that never open them up.

Gotta love the suicidal deer around here huh?