Driving music - My demo cd - Download & comment

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
I'm listening to Congo Bongos right now.
I enjoy it very much, but I think my House taste helps that alot.
You do a great job of introduce changes gradually rather than throwing a new twist out every minute and a half, I find that annoying.
Thanks a bunch for the free DLs, made last summer fun running around with the windows down and the system up.
-Dave

Techno Supra

Hardcore DJ
Well I'll be playing a show back in tha D on april 5th in case anyone from the area sees this. Should be a great night! I'm playing an hour psy set (downstairs) and then a 2 hour techno tag set with two other deejays(upstairs)

l_16eed134efcd9fc970b05bfd9818fd45.jpg

Techno Supra

Hardcore DJ
^^ I actually deejayed a few times in Montgomery, AL when I was working at Maxwell AFB. I couldn't find much along the lines of electronic music bars when I was there.

Hell, one bar I visited was like a wedding reception gone awry. Country, pop, rock, and rap all in one bar. All they were missing was the chicken dance and hokey pokey. It was scary. Suprisingly the bar was packed.

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
^^this dj well i wouldnt say dj more like she changed cds. did this experiment where she played some trance. at this locally hick place. its was really strange every one just stood around with this weird look on their face. like they didnt know how to react or anything. this place plays rap and country. the hicks with the coyboy hats i think were starting to get pissed. that when i started buying my own dj equipment. i also have this wearhouse at work i might start trying to do some underground stuff.

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
hey man can i get it on cd? man i love tribal beats. am not on this computer much. i just up graded my tables. i now have a numark cdx and tt200 with a dxm06 mixer. but what i want is some cdjs. what do you think about the technic dz1200? i can get a used one for 400.

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
man thats some good shit. if you dont mind me asking whats your set up? i cant decide on what i want. i like the sound of vynil, but cds are cheaper and easy to find. plus i like to scratch just that i cant get the sound i want out of cds. do you think better tables would work or should i just switch to vynil? thanks for your imput.

Techno Supra

Hardcore DJ
Quin: I wish. I just started a new project @ ODU in Norfolk, VA. I'm unfortunately unable to get home to pick up the supra and drive. I won't be back to MI (Home) until Memorial Weekend. I was thinking of driving all the way from VA in my saab, but I just drove that up from Ft. Lauderdale last weekend and really don't wan to put that many more miles on it at the moment. I really wanted to hit that event up, too!

Dirt: I use 2 technics SL-1200mk2 turntables (for sale) and a Pioneer 3000 Mixer. I'd recommend any of the higher end pioneer mixers, not sure how good they are for scratching. I prefer cd's at this point, but love the feel of vinyl. I've used the FinalScratch and some other version of it (digitally encoded vinyl playing mp3s on a laptop) and that is a great setup if you want to go digital and keep the true vinyl feel. I've also used the pioneer cdj 100, 800, and 1000. The 100 takes getting used to and can't be used for scratching. The other two are great and easy to use.

As far as software goes I use Reason, Rebirth, Fruity Pro, Ableton Live 5, Acid Pro, and PCDJ when I'm bored. I have a small MIDI controller and an Oxygen 8 to use the software more like gear.